My new long range build

I hear you bro,the only way I was able to afford this stuff was because I was hit on my Busa back in May and the attorneys were able to get me $10,000(so far,case still not settled).Fixed the Busa back up for about $1,300 so left me almost $9,000 to blow(am now looking at a Kimber .45,thanks to CA's dumb ass gun restriction bullshit we can't buy a Colt .45 anymore).

Hard way to fund hobbies, very glad you are physically OK to partake in them.

Sounds kind of silly to limit a Colt .45 especially when another .45 is available.

I place motorcycling ahead of my shooting so the new helmet will win out there. the optics I currently have work OK so I can wait for the sale prices in the late spring maybe.

My bike is my therapy but shooting is so much fun especially close up with one of my semi autos. Long range is fun but doesn't have the instant release I get by shooting in a jungle lane.

As far as I know Vortex carries a lifetime warranty also(at least with the Viper PST Gen II 5-25x50 I just picked up,but may be for all models).Also added their Lo Pro Bubble Level,Switchview Throw Lever,and Defender Flip Caps,and came with a sun shade,etc.Yesterday ordered a Sig Sauer Kilo 2000 rangefinder(bank account is running low now,figure I've dropped about $5,000 since xmas on the rifle,scope,2 bipods,different muzzle brake,ammo,cleaning equipment,and all of the other accessories I just had to have:D).

http://www.vortexoptics.com/content/vip_warranty

My next purchases will be a Kestrel 5700 Ruger weather station and a Bushnell Elite ConX range finder. I found a better suited bubble level other than the one I have but my current one works good for the time being. Not sure if you can see my level in this pic or not.

20190114_130235.jpg

New muzzle break, Timney trigger, ambidextrous safety switch, titanium bolt shroud with custom etching, and carbon fiber hand guard have been ordered.

New trigger is gonna be fun. Two stage trigger set at 8oz for the first stage and 1 lb for the second.

New trigger is gonna be fun. Two stage trigger set at 8oz for the first stage and 1 lb for the second.

I don’t get the use or need for double triggers. I’ve shot match grade pistols and wheel guns and their single triggers were sooo nice and easy to squeeze, even double action. Why Two?

I don’t get the use or need for double triggers. I’ve shot match grade pistols and wheel guns and their single triggers were sooo nice and easy to squeeze, even double action. Why Two?

Well, the sole purpose for a two stage trigger is to remove the guesswork from finding the release point on the trigger. That way once you hit that second stage, you are a pound or two away from a release and you can focus on aim.

Not to say that people with factory single stage triggers aren't better than me because they are. I just dont want to pull and pull and pull until I hit that point. It boils down to finger training.

I like the looks of that bolt. My target pistol has a single stage trigger that is set at about 8oz pull weight. You better be pointed down range when the gun is loaded.

I like the looks of that bolt. My target pistol has a single stage trigger that is set at about 8oz pull weight. You better be pointed down range when the gun is loaded.

This rifle has one sole purpose in life and that is to hit targets at long distances so I want a light trigger. My handguard came in while I was away so once I come back from the range today, I'll disassemble and clean everything and have it ready for Cerakote and reassembly.

Back