My new kit

SLEEPERBUSA

Registered
Like Teezy, I have the HTP nitrous manifold. I sealed mine because I hate redoing stuff and I'm overkill.
I was using the NOS brand standard blue nozzles but I found 3hp on the motor. YES.......I want it ALL!!
These brass nozzles are way shorter and barely stick in the intake flowpath.
I had a buddy bend the tubing so the stock fuel line wouldn't interfere. The braided lines I had were all over the fuel line.

IMAG1657_zpsde8bbaa9.jpg

IMAG1631_zps263433cf.jpg

This is 2 manifolds laid over one another with the NOS blue nozzles compaired to the brass nozzles.

IMAG1642_zps4f00860e.jpg

This is the dyno session.

- YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Like Teezy, I have the HTP nitrous manifold. I sealed mine because I hate redoing stuff and I'm overkill.

I have the same manifold... what do you mean that you sealed it? You used something other than the rubber seals that came with it?

I think some guys were using pvc sealant or something like that because a few had complained that the manifold wasn't sealing on there completely and causing leaks. Theres a few guys on Psycho Bike that had issues with it. So I guess he just sealed it off the bat to avoid the possibility of it leaking and not having to tear into it again. If I end up getting 1 Im probably gonna do the same thing :thumbsup:

Is it a index type atomizer...meaning that you aim it down into the runner or up at the airbox lid to just fill up the cavity and let the engine suck in the mix?

I was using the NOS brand standard blue nozzles but I found 3hp on the motor. YES.......I want it ALL!!
These brass nozzles are way shorter and barely stick in the intake flowpath.
I had a buddy bend the tubing so the stock fuel line wouldn't interfere. The braided lines I had were all over the fuel line.

IMAG1657_zpsde8bbaa9.jpg

IMAG1631_zps263433cf.jpg

This is 2 manifolds laid over one another with the NOS blue nozzles compaired to the brass nozzles.

IMAG1642_zps4f00860e.jpg

This is the dyno session.

- YouTube[/url]

Could you take a pic of the nitrous plume of both foggers ?
Would be interesting .

Last edited by a moderator:
Good looking set up! Maybe want to consider Making the lines on cylinders 2 and 3 the same length as 1 and 4. That insures the nitrous hits the TB's at the same time.

Hey vailes, I see your from splendora, I'm right down the road in Kingwood!:beerchug:

Good looking set up! Maybe want to consider Making the lines on cylinders 2 and 3 the same length as 1 and 4. That insures the nitrous hits the TB's at the same time.

Hey vailes, I see your from splendora, I'm right down the road in Kingwood!:beerchug:

Maybe we need to get together and go riding one of these days :thumbsup:

Got my kit today...putting it on soon. What did you use to seal it...I'm not big on redoing stuff either. Better safe than sorry...

Very nice
Thanks you. :laugh:

I have the same manifold... what do you mean that you sealed it? You used something other than the rubber seals that came with it?
I am overkill.
All you really need to do is put a thin coat of any kind of oil on your finger and rub it on the rubber seal like you would on an oil filter. I used a sealant that GM uses for differential covers. It's a sost sealant that doesn't get hard. It's grey in color and you can get it at any GM dealership.
This is not normally needed. I do stuff like that because I hate, hate, hate, double working.

I think some guys were using pvc sealant or something like that because a few had complained that the manifold wasn't sealing on there completely and causing leaks. Theres a few guys on Psycho Bike that had issues with it. So I guess he just sealed it off the bat to avoid the possibility of it leaking and not having to tear into it again. If I end up getting 1 Im probably gonna do the same thing :thumbsup:

This is correct. I think it's an issue of it not being installed right. Mine was. A guy helping me saw that I was not down on the head properly.

Is it a index type atomizer...meaning that you aim it down into the runner or up at the airbox lid to just fill up the cavity and let the engine suck in the mix?
It shoots straight down the throat of each port. Pretty much force fed.

Could you take a pic of the nitrous plume of both foggers ?
Would be interesting .
Sorry, this is an old thread and the system sold with the bike. The plum would be about the same. My main reason for changing nozzles is for when I'm running on the motor. Every single HP means something on a small engine like these. If you have 200hp, you want 205. If you have 220, you want 225.

If it were a wet kit and the fuel was traveling a different distance, yes, but it's MY opinion that at 800-1000 pounds of pressure, it's going to be so instant that you will never see the difference.

Got my kit today...putting it on soon. What did you use to seal it...I'm not big on redoing stuff either. Better safe than sorry...

PM sent, and/or read above. Holla. :laugh:

Back