My new cage , i know it's a wuss car but...

lots of mod potential, here is all out:

scion-xa-speedster-20051122000405902.jpg

-WHEELMAN

I can't be the only one who's eye-brow is raised at these mpg ratings.  You have to get down to bike territory in the engine department just to squeeze out 35+?

I'd like to see just one, ONE practical vehicle, (like this or the xB), that has some real engine to back it up.

With that kind of torque you could lug the motor down the highway at 85+ at only 2K rpms.

<!--EDIT|TheAtomicAss
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144910559 -->

It's a cool little car. Heck, my wife drives an Aveo from Chevy. It's made by Deawoo. It's a 4dr hatchback. Goes pretty good for a small car. We bought it with a rear spoiler, so I keep telling her it's a sports car. I think it would be a great autocross car if I slap a supercharger on it.
biggrin.gif
She won't let me do any mods to it.
sad.gif
I could probably get noticably more power from it stuffing a running hair dryer into the intake.
laugh.gif

The Aveo is made by Daewoo? Wow. I didn't know that.

Oh yeah...and as for the scion bein modded "all out"? It still don't help the fact that that thing is about as bad as the soapbox derby.

I wouldn't feel safe at all in that thing.
wow.gif
Hell, I think I'm almost as big as the car itself.

Sometimes it's not so great being big-boned.

Maybe that's what is sicking up in the back ? Removeable door panel & store in the back ......I guess .
rock.gif

it's a cool little car.... one of the more popular ones over here..except they call it a Toyota starlet here... engine size 1.3 Liter.

funny why they change the name of the car's...
Likely because no strait American man would drive a little car called a Starlet.
ahhh.... i'm married and have 3 kids... the first car i bought when i was stationed in Okinawa Japan was a 1.3 liter Turbo Toyota Starlet! That car A BLAST to drive! you could push the pedal to the floor and once it hit like 4k rpms that turbo would kick in and WHOOOSH!! LOL it had this cool looking LED display for the amount of boost it was producing and a HI and LO switch so you could help yourself save on gas. I always left it in HI so i could hear the blow off valve after every gear change! I miss that car!

Hey, were you pointing and laughing at me the other day while I pumped $30+ to fill up my Mustang?
biggrin.gif

It's not so bad...I don't think the Scions are too bad at all...mpg is sweet!!

And yes , that was me laughin' , while you filled up the Mustang ! I live a double life ....one in S.C. and one in Va.
laugh.gif

I can't be the only one who's eye-brow is raised at these mpg ratings.  You have to get down to bike territory in the engine department just to squeeze out 35+?

I'd like to see just one, ONE practical vehicle, (like this or the xB), that has some real engine to back it up.

With that kind of torque you could lug the motor down the highway at 85+ at only 2K rpms.
Ford made a car like what you want.... kinda...

Taurus SHO.

4 door, 220 HP Family Car.
roughly 30 MPG (Yeah, some guys are reporting 30 MPG!!)
140 MPH fast.
Burn a civic off the line, and hang with a 5.0
biggrin.gif

not sellin, just braggin. I'm gonna try and get my SHO fixed after the bash.
wink.gif

Get a sticker that says "My other vehicle is a 'Busa" and you should be able to reclaim your credibility with the guys...
Agreed... I'll donate to the cause. No man should have to drive a Scion...
sad.gif
-no "man" jokes when you live with yer mom.
Ouch ! Another low blow by Diesel .......  
rock.gif
ouch..... that hurts...

I'm more man than you think. I would live on my own, but I'm taking up my stepdads side of some bills so my mom doesn't have to get a second job. Actually, I'd be in college now if not for my stepdads screwup. I figure I'm secure enough in my masculinity to not get hurt by someone making fun of me for helping my mom live under a roof.

ouch..... that hurts...

I'm more man than you think. I would live on my own, but I'm taking up my stepdads side of some bills so my mom doesn't have to get a second job. Actually, I'd be in college now if not for my stepdads screwup. I figure I'm secure enough in my masculinity to not get hurt by someone making fun of me for helping my mom live under a roof.
Sorry. Just pokin a little fun. Some people have to try to stir the pot and get something started. Don't give him the time, bro....

You don't need to explain anything. None of my or anyone elses business.

Back