My New Busa...Changing Exhaust..

Okay made my decision....gonna go with Brock's....Alien Head...... Just have to find a reputable place that will install it.....along with the Power Commander V...
Anyone know any places in Pittsburgh...I'll do some research....

Brock’s..... Why not go to the place that actually makes the pipes??? Take it there have em do the install and dyno tune. If you don’t wanna ride you can trailer it just like when you bought the bike. Not a lot of indie shops in and around Pittsburgh that work on metrics. You take it to a metric dealership to get a pipe, fuel controller and dyno tune done and your gonna get FLEECED!!!

Last edited:
Brock’s..... Why not go to the place that actually makes the pipes??? Take it there have em do the install and dyno tune. If you don’t wanna ride you can trailer it just like when you bought the bike. Not a lot of indie shops in and around Pittsburgh that work on metrics. You take it to a metric dealership to get a pipe, fuel controller and dyno tune done and your gonna get FLEECED!!!
That's what I'm thinking....but there's gotta be a closer place...but even then what better place than Brock's...I may end up trailering it....ya 5hrs is too much fore on a bike

The install and tune will probably take several hours so if you decide on Brocks(would be cool to go visit his place)just schedule in advance and make a day of it.Also,unless you just like the shape of the Alien Head megaphone,the Short Meg has exactly the same performance,wt.,etc. and also has a removable baffle(one set screw)whereas the Alien Head does not(is riveted in place).Took mine out a few times for shits and giggles but is just too obnoxious(and I like loud)for every day street use.

Baffle out;

Baffle in(have a GoPro external mic mounted down behind the right rear set,pipe is not this loud inside helmet);

Last edited:
A 4-1-2 exhaust is out there.
If you go 4-2-1 you save a pile of weight though, Mine has this and it is surprising how light it feels. The stock exhaust is HEAVY...almost had to use a wheel barrel to cart it around.

I like my Yosh, sounds mean on the idle and screams when the go fast handle is twisted. It has a deep sound with a slight raspy sound mixed in...it is a nice sound.
Yellow, I’m still diggin the “go fast handle” quote!

Already mentioned that a single side exhaust will free up weight and add HP. It’s been proven on the dyno and street time and time again.

Stay away from DooDoo exhaust and there’s no point in buying V&H headers when you still need a can. Voodoo exhausts are obnoxiously loud and sound like well..... DooDoo. Only people you see rocking those exhausts are squids that wanna be seen and heard riding in the city Revving the motor with a Green Mohawk helmet shorts and a tank top. Don’t be that guy!!!

Yoshimura
Akrapovich
Brock’s
HMF
Arrow

Are quality brand exhausts
I agree, Voodoo is obnoxiously loud. I would never recommend it for the street. You will get a ticket if the right cop is close enough.

The install and tune will probably take several hours so if you decide on Brocks(would be cool to go visit his place)just schedule in advance and make a day of it.Also,unless you just like the shape of the Alien Head megaphone,the Short Meg has exactly the same performance,wt.,etc. and also has a removable baffle(one set screw)whereas the Alien Head does not(is riveted in place).Took mine out a few times for shits and giggles but is just too obnoxious(and I like loud)for every day street use.

Baffle out;

Baffle in(have a GoPro external mic mounted down behind the right rear set,pipe is not this loud inside helmet);
Pirate... exactly what I was thinking ..make a day of it....I'll defenitely look into the short Meg..I like the idea of being able to quiet it down...
Thanks For The Videos....can't wait to see the expression when I tell the gf.. we're going on a trip....lol..Dayton Ohio

Baffle out;

I see you've painted your front peg mounts...what did you use?

That bike is loud in the garage but probably is quieter once outside I'd imagine..

Shot the fronts and rears about 5 years ago with Rust-Oleum 2X Ultra Cover Flat Black.No muss/no fuss,didn't even take them apart,just hung them from the rafters on a coat hanger and gave everything about 3 coats.Every now and then when my feet wear off a bit on the front pegs just takes a minute to stick a piece of cardboard behind them and do a quick touch up,and that particular flat black pretty much matches the frame,swingarm,etc.

Bike is definitely quieter outside bro,I actually don't mind the tone with the baffle out but the cars around me at a stop light do,everyone rolls up their windows.:laugh:

Shot the fronts and rears about 5 years ago with Rust-Oleum 2X Ultra Cover Flat Black.No muss/no fuss,didn't even take them apart,just hung them from the rafters on a coat hanger and gave everything about 3 coats.Every now and then when my feet wear off a bit on the front pegs just takes a minute to stick a piece of cardboard behind them and do a quick touch up,and that particular flat black pretty much matches the frame,swingarm,etc.

Bike is definitely quieter outside bro,I actually don't mind the tone with the baffle out but the cars around me at a stop light do,everyone rolls up their windows.:laugh:

Interesting method....I may not have to powder coat afterall...

As for the people around you at the lights, serves them right for not being on a cool bike like yours (ours).

I see you've painted your front peg mounts...what did you use?

That bike is loud in the garage but probably is quieter once outside I'd imagine..
Call and speak to Brock’s team. They will give you a package deal on Pipe, PCV, Filter and Dyno Tune
Busa 1... I got an email back from Brock's today and they said that they don't actually do installs.... Unless I got my emails mixed up.....

Back