My new bike

That color reminds me of a paint job I put on a zx9 years ago, used a deep blood red, then put pearl over it. Came out about like that.

No wins for me this year yet. I've only entered two races. The track was terrible in both cases, plus I screwed up. I only ran the pink bike in the first. Once I saw how bad the track was on the second I switched to the grey bike. I think it will be my no-prep bike and leave the pink bike for better tracks. I still haven't had a pass on the pink bike where it hooks up all the way down the 1/8 on a clean pass.

Here is a ticket to contemplate. I know the reaction time is terrible but I didn't know what the bike was going to do on that pass so I get a little tentative on the leave.

IMG_1266.JPG

Take some pictures of the maxxecu installed on the bike.
It is a bit crowded. I would do it different on the next bike. One bigger relay center instead of the additional fuse block and buss. This is my first aftermarket ECU install. The two fuses laying on top are part of the Maxx wiring. I guess I could remove them and use some in the open slots on the nitrous fuseblock to clean it up, but believe it or not it is easier to follow the organization being separate.

A06519B3-9945-4B55-88E7-C86CE152A5A4.png

The rear tire on the pink one looks so squared off it resembles a car tire. :D Surprised you can get clear into 5th in just 660’. No one runs the quarter anymore?
Just barely into 5th I guess. I shift at 10,400 (actual) and run 17/44 gearing. I don't run the 1/4 very much with that bike. Pretty much all the heads up stuff is 1/8 mile because there are more tracks, and it keeps the high hp/high $ bikes from running away with all the wins. It is also much easier on parts that even for me cost $$. I run the 1/4 on the grey bike, but then it typically is on motor only.

Just barely into 5th I guess. I shift at 10,400 (actual) and run 17/44 gearing. I don't run the 1/4 very much with that bike. Pretty much all the heads up stuff is 1/8 mile because there are more tracks, and it keeps the high hp/high $ bikes from running away with all the wins. It is also much easier on parts that even for me cost $$. I run the 1/4 on the grey bike, but then it typically is on motor only.

Despite the apparent popularity of the 1/8th mile it just doesn’t seem like a real test of the bike‘s capabilities, or the rider’s. Why not 500’? Why not 1st gear pulls only? 60’ only? The quarter allows for motors that may come on from 660’ on vs 0-660’. Bikes could attain all but the top 30-40 mph of their bike’s top speed, all in just a quarter mile. That’s just my preference I guess. In such a short distance wouldn’t it be better if the sprocket sizes were modified to use just four gears?

It is a bit crowded. I would do it different on the next bike. One bigger relay center instead of the additional fuse block and buss. This is my first aftermarket ECU install. The two fuses laying on top are part of the Maxx wiring. I guess I could remove them and use some in the open slots on the nitrous fuseblock to clean it up, but believe it or not it is easier to follow the organization being separate.

View attachment 1612834
This is the same bike that is now supercharged?

Despite the apparent popularity of the 1/8th mile it just doesn’t seem like a real test of the bike‘s capabilities, or the rider’s. Why not 500’? Why not 1st gear pulls only? 60’ only? The quarter allows for motors that may come on from 660’ on vs 0-660’. Bikes could attain all but the top 30-40 mph of their bike’s top speed, all in just a quarter mile. That’s just my preference I guess. In such a short distance wouldn’t it be better if the sprocket sizes were modified to use just four gears?
The 1/8 is a better test of the bike and the rider than the 1/4. For most bikes there is nothing to do in the second half of the 1/4 other than tuck and hold on. ProStreet different story, but even then the 1/8 tells a big story. Many times they don't even make a full pass in qualifiers because they already collected the data they need and don't want to beat up the motor. Why do we run in feet/miles rather than meters? Why 1/8 mile? Many of the short tracks were old landing strips that were converted and that is all the real estate they had to work with. 1500 feet would make more sense than 1320 feet. The pros run 1000 feet. Keep in mind drag racing is about the ET more than the mph.

Back