MY NEW BABY!  2002 Gray/Silver Busa

Scottrod

Registered
I've posted twice before and everyone complains that I don't have any pictures because i'm out of town on business and can't take them. Well, I decided I wanted some pictures so I could see what I need to fix up on the beast so I had my girlfriend take some and send them to me. First let me say the bike is VERY dirty and needs to be cleaned up. If you have a weak stomach and can not stand to see a dirty Hayabusa, these pictures may not be for you! The prior owner had it under a pavilion in his back yard which OBVIOUSLY didn't keep it clean. I only had time to pick it up and store it in my shed before I left. Secondly, let me say that I plan on replacing the two side fairings for two reasons. First, the previous owner laid the bike down pulling into his driveway in the rain and scraped up the right side fairing pretty bad (which you will see). So I plan to replace the right side fairing. Right after he laid it down, he decided to order the full Yoshimura exhaust including header (the triangle shaped one) to replace the scratched exhaust and he also ordered frame sliders and cut holes in the damn fairings (that's the reason I plan to replace the left side fairing). After I replace both fairings, then i'll probably put on some no-cut frame sliders if anything.

Also, around the gauges theres a small dent in the carbon fiber bezel so I'd like to replace the bezel. Has anyone replaced their bezel with a chrome one that would like to get rid of the stock one for a couple bucks? Are there any other gauge bezels that fit perfectly that anyone recommends? I thought about getting the chrome bezel but I'm worried that it'll create glare on a really sunny day. Anyone have one?

Here's the funny part. I've already started modding it and I haven't even been able to ride it yet! haha Here is a list of the mods i've done and the mods I plan to do:

1. Tsubaki Chain & Aluminum sprockets *Already ordered on the way to my house*
2. Oil change – Mobil 1 Full Synthetic *as soon as I get home*
3. spark plugs *as soon as I get home*
4. new battery *as soon as I get home* (Any suggestions on a good battery?)
5. Mototeck Undertail - *plan to order this soon*
6. NWS Hugger (rear tire plastic piece that prevents stone chips) http://www.n-w-s.com/ *Will be ordering this soon at the same time as undertail*
7. RaceReady Painted Dash Panels http://www.raceready.us/ *These will come as soon as I fix up the paintjob*
8. Fairing/paint job *ASAP. Anyone selling used plastics for an 02 silver/gray that are in good condition?*
9. Suzuki gel seat *Soon*
10. arai RX7 Corsair Helmet *Best Deal I found so far was on ebay for $549.99 plus $20 shipping*
11. PC III *eventually
12. Suzuki hayabusa jacket *Best deal so far is $330 at a local Suzuki dealer*
13. GIPro with gear indicator *eventually*
14. speedo healer *eventually*
15. Clear Alternatives LED front turnsignals *ordered and on the way to my house* (Anyone have them?)
16. zero gravity SR windscreen dark smoke *ordered already on it's way to my house to replace the ugly Irridium one the prior owner put on*
17. Handlebar End Caps (I believe they're called weights) *ordered new silver ones and they're on the way to replace the nicked one on the right handle that was slightly scratched when the prior owner dropped the bike*

If anyone is interested in a mint condition Irridium double bubble let me know! lol

Anyway guys...here are the pictures of a very dirty Hayabusa that needs a replacement fairing and a new undertail because the one the prior owner put on is UGLY!

You can see the dent in the carbon fiber around the gauges...they are otherwise OK

There's the side with damage
DSC01528.jpg
Again, side with damage

closeup of the damage
DSC01515.jpg
THAT is the ugly undertail I was talking about. It looks like it makes the stock taillight mount INSIDE the rear housing for a recessed look...ICK.
DSC00211.jpg
Rear shot (oh yeah...I'm not a fan of the sideways license plate mount either...simply because I want a custom plate that'll be visible such as "bad busa" =)
DSC00214.jpg
What a MONSTER. That's a 3 Cylinder water cooled 20HP John Deere GARDEN tractor! That things a beast!
laugh.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
doesn't look that bad. looks like he threw the frame sliders on after the accident. Congrats. Hope you get to mod'n soon. that's a long list
beerchug.gif

Have you thought about a Tobin seat? They are very highly thought of around here. Just an option for you to consider.

shouldn't be too hard for you to get her in tip top shape...I'm sure you'll enjoy it and the modding process

Now that's a serious list, Have Fun and Congratz and just so you know: A dirty 'Busa is better than no 'Busa...
tounge.gif

(BusaBret @ Feb. 19 2007,05:30) Have you thought about a Tobin seat? They are very highly thought of around here. Just an option for you to consider.
Hey thanks for all the props guys I appreciate it. Yeah I've thought seriously about the tobin seat and they look awesome. I only thought about getting the Gel seat simply because i'm going to want to go on long rides and I thought it might work better. I guess I'll see how comfortable the stock seat is for a little while If tobin made his seat overtop of the gel seat that would be the best of both worlds...

Welcome and good pics - great list of mods to start with
smile.gif
Check the Gear for sale forum here to see if you can't find a good helmet and jacket - you would be amazed at some of the deals that you will find there. Also, check the sponsors for prices on some of the stuff you are looking for, they give us some amazing deals as well.

If you are serious about the iridium dbubble, take a good pic or two and throw it on the for sale forum or the pay it forward thread...

What you don't like, someone else is trying hard to find!

Okay, I'll be the first to rudely ask...feel free to not respond, just feeling out market values...but how many miles and how much did you pay?

Haha not a problem. I paid $6700 and it has 9400 miles. It's a 2002 and other than that one side that has scraches is in good condition. Has brand new Yoshimura Tri-opal exhaust including header as well as a TRE. I think I got a decent deal, feel free to voice your opinion.

Back