My new addition

Lazerblade

Protector of Freedom
Donating Member
Registered
As some of you know, I collect WWI German Pickelhuabes (leather helmets with points on top) along with my brother. The fun of it is that they are over a hundred years old and when you find a treasure in nice shape, it’s pretty exciting. Well, I found and bought a Pre WWI German Busby that I have been wanting for years so I thought I would share it. If you would like to see more helmets from my collection, please let me know. This is a First Husar, second company, 1914, made Busby. It was for a NCO (Non Commissioned Officer)

So, I am very excited and wanted to share this. Let me know if you have any questions.

Paul

busby1.jpg

it's funky... i bet harley people would pay a big premium if you'd slap a HD logo on the back... hell for that matter... if you could figure out a way to put a HD sticker on a fart they would pay a HunertDollas for it.

sorry.. haha

very cool!

Daddy,

I guess it's worth what someone will pay. I paid just a bit over $1200.00 for it. They are very rare. I have been told that I got a really good deal.

Paul

Thanks all for the kind words. It'a an expensive hobby so I only buy a few helmets a year. I love the hobby because they are very hard to find and they are so old. So, when you find a nice one, it's pretty exciting. I have a few that pre date WWI.

Heh Lazer. I think thats pretty cool. Interesting hobby Do you have any other pictures of these helmets?

Cool Man, lets see some more pictures... weirdest damn thing I have ever heard of collecting but very cool... Never thought of my Grandad or Great Granddad being so hardcore, but that skull is badass... Whats the deal with the red thingi that looks like a sock outta the top of the hat?

Here are some of my favorites.  The red thing tells what unit the Hussar is from.  Everything has a meaning.

<!--EDIT|Lazerblade
Reason for Edit: None given...|1084490138 -->

helmet1.jpg

Jager zu Pferde (hunter on horse). This is my favorite, it's from a rare unit that did the helmet in silver not gold.  I was so lucky to find this one.

<!--EDIT|Lazerblade
Reason for Edit: None given...|1084490592 -->

helmet5.jpg

Back