My new +6 tail and Evil am!

Seat time :thumbsup:
I have no doubt the arm will hold up for me. Not a pro stock bike! With my gay extensions I could cut a 1.47 60 (only ran them one weekend), hoping with the new setup and pracitce to get 1.40 or less. At least with a few runs under my belt. Oh and thats with original clutch plates at 7,000 miles! :laugh: The reason for the extended tail is that I still ride it on the street, nice to carry crap in the big trunk. Oh, and it will now hold a 3lb bottle as well ??? Justin I think the arm was 760 with everything shipped, 3 hole, bottle mount, chain guard. I failed to weigh the swing arms, I was in a hurry for a bike night after work. I momentarily held each in hand, POSSIBLY thinking that the new arm was about identical if not a hair lighter than the stock. Definitely lighter than the stock arm with the extensions I had! Hope that answers all the questions. Thanks for all the comments guys, I appreciate it!

I'm not a fan of the moly arms, but that tail looks great compaired to the Catalyst tail. I'm going with the Catalyst +4" tail because there is too much of a transition between the hump and the tail on their +6" tails. The tail you have is GREAT!!
Does the rear of the hump fit any closer to the tail than in that picture?
If I get this one together and don't like it, I think i'll get the same one you have.

What is the difference between having the underbracing and not have that bracing at all? Half the busa's at MiRock this weekend didn't have that underbracing.

It was very difficult to the hump to button down. I think I could get it slightly tighter if I wasn't lazy. The front is VERY tight!! The back is just a little off, maybe a 1/8in.

Not sure on the under bracing. I see a ton of bikes without the under bracing too. I always thought at 8+ they recommended under bracing, but IDK.

Without a doubt the Airtech just looks better. It flows with the original lines of the bike. I had to do a little extra work to make mine fit but I think it payed off in the end.

image-658288041.jpg

Kildore said:
Nice bike fiend! What is that seat you have on there? Sharp Bike man.

The seat is a Catalyst drag seat pan. Thanks

Sorry guys, I just saw this. I don't remember everything, but I used some epoxy to put the blinker assemblies from the tock tail in the airtech, with some I believe 1157 LED bulbs. From there it was basically just getting the wiring right. I'll see if I can find another old thread for more info.

Back