My new 1k got her makeover this weekend. pix

dolilind

Registered
I just couldnt stand that wine colors milked out flop that it had.

IMG_0014.JPG

IMG_0013.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

I like it! It's not too much- just right. Are you LEO affliated? It's sure to get some positive attention from the boys.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm sure some dumb ass cop will accuse you of impersonating an officer...

AJ

Last edited:
I like it! It's not too much- just right. Are you LEO affliated? It's sure to get some positive attention from the boys.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

:lol: No kidding!

Hey Darrell if we happen to get pulled over while at the Bash....I hope I'm w/ you and you're aboard that 1K :whistle:

:laugh:

I'm sure some dumb ass cop will accuse you of impersonating an officer...

AJ

Na im not a officer. But i have run it by them around here and one of our board members that is a cop in tenn. As long as it doesn't say police i should be ok. This morning i added the bar over the police name. The bike does have wig wags on it, but no red and blues, i was told thats a go straight to jail thing hehe

Na im not a officer. But i have run it by them around here and one of our board members that is a cop in tenn. As long as it doesn't say police i should be ok. This morning i added the bar over the police name. The bike does have wig wags on it, but no red and blues, i was told thats a go straight to jail thing hehe

Honestly, it'll never stand up in court, but the right (or wrong) enthusiastic cop could definitely jump to that conclusion even without the word police. If asked, I'd tell him "it's a rolling tribute to officers who put their lives on the line for everyone's safety and security..."

That should get them off your back...:rofl:

BTW, as an LEO I've kicked around the idea of putting some wig-wags or strobes on one of my bikes, just for parking lot purposes...and when an officer asks if I'm "affliated" and they're expecting me to say "no"...

Nah, that's too showy for me. But, anyway I'm digging the bike alot!
AJ

Honestly, it'll never stand up in court, but the right (or wrong) enthusiastic cop could definitely jump to that conclusion even without the word police. If asked, I'd tell him "it's a rolling tribute to officers who put their lives on the line for everyone's safety and security..."

That should get them off your back...:rofl:

BTW, as an LEO I've kicked around the idea of putting some wig-wags or strobes on one of my bikes, just for parking lot purposes...and when an officer asks if I'm "affliated" and they're expecting me to say "no"...

Nah, that's too showy for me. But, anyway I'm digging the bike alot!
AJ

Thanks, AJ.
Hopefully i dont harrassed to much about it. I am working with a local sign shop to get the word "prototype" to go across the Police to help the situation out. But the rolling tribute to the police is a good idea, but not so sure it will help. Several of my family members are officers around Washington DC area and a lot of our friends have been injured or killed on the job. But to some cocky cop that has a hard-on it will never fly. Like i said hopefully with partially covering up the word police will help out.
Its kinda crazy you build a bike to look like a vehicle from a movie even thought its a police car you can come under flack. But you can go to any store and purchase a shirt the says police/fbi/dea or any other law enforcement agency with badges and all and it 100% ok.

Back