My never ending clicking problem

Is it just me or does the chain looks "scratched"? Also- the chain seems very dry to me...

Im sure lubing the chain more does not solve the problem but it doesnt hurt either!

The chain was very much lubed that it was flicking the grease off when riding lol.. i had to wipe some excess off.
Im 99% sure the clicking is not coming from chain... its coming from the wheel.

@c10 Thanks so much for this very informative video! That was so nice of you to do that. I am going to order the stand today (hoping they have it on amazon?) . Tomorrow Im heading to RToyz and Ill see what they say, but Im thinking I want to switch the chain no matter what the problem is. Ill keep you all posted on what it was and if RToyz actually fix it

Looks like a chain alignment issue to me. I know nothing of this set up but if you look around the 1:06 mark of the video it looks like the front chain is not aligned. It may just be a weird camera angle though.

@c10 Thanks so much for this very informative video! That was so nice of you to do that. I am going to order the stand today (hoping they have it on amazon?) . Tomorrow Im heading to RToyz and Ill see what they say, but Im thinking I want to switch the chain no matter what the problem is. Ill keep you all posted on what it was and if RToyz actually fix it
He's the man! Knowledgeable, kind and always quick with a how to video.

I found YouTube as a useful tool years ago for work. Being able to upload a short video as to why a 8 hour job is really 20 hours . Showing customers in other states with property here in Texas how their fire panel is bad , or damaged . This made it easy to write a check for me to repair their systems . Some of my friends / followers see my work stuff . I usually delete them after a week once customers/work has viewed .
The school district at first did not like it , but now are thinking of requiring it .

It is very easy to express a message vs typing out tech help . Having the ability to view a persons issue helps the Org work as team to sort out a strange case .

That creaking noise sure sounds like a dry bearing to me....
My next step would be to put on my mechanics stethoscope and really zero in and pin point the noise location.
Noise transference is a strange phenomena, it sounds like it’s coming from there, but it’s actually coming from another place.
The stethoscope eliminates that problem.

That creaking noise sure sounds like a dry bearing to me....
My next step would be to put on my mechanics stethoscope and really zero in and pin point the noise location.
Noise transference is a strange phenomena, it sounds like it’s coming from there, but it’s actually coming from another place.
The stethoscope eliminates that problem.
With so many bearings going bad in a short period of time, makes me wonder if they are installing them properly. You know more than me about this kiwi, but Suzuki wheel bearings have a specific procedure where one bearing sits all the way down in the hub and the other side only goes in far enough for inner race to sit against the sleeve between the bearings. I’m wondering if this arm is designed the same way, but bearings are being installed incorrectly and they are failing prematurely due to being side loaded.

#HowTight ~ #RearAxleNutTorque ~ #TightLikeTiger ~ #THEoRg *

Hi nina!
Remove the secondary drive chain (the one connected to the wheel sprocket) and roll the bike. If noise is still there remove the other chain and roll it. If noise is still there remove that chain and roll the bike. If noise is still there lift the rear of the bike and spin the wheel by hand. That should help narrow it down. When I fixed a friends bike making a similiar noise it was a bearing. I skimmed through your other thread but didnt read close. You have a highly customised setup goung on. So whos to say the new bearings are being installed correctly, pressed in? Hammered in? are they the correct bearings for that wheel? Also check for correct spacer size for inside the wheel. Improper size bearing spacer kills bearings quick.
Keep us updated :beerchug:

Back