My neighbor just bought a new to him...

monster

Wherever I May Roam
Donating Member
Registered
I brought him over to the guys house to check it out. He asked me to go check it out with him. It's a 1994 but only has 7100 miles on it. The chain has a little bit of rust on it, I told him to replace it. Maybe get new tires over the winter. The clutch grabs really good but seems to be adjusted almost to the max but definatly enough life to finish the season. Anyway here's a crappy cell phone pic of him on it. He gets it Saturday.

Randy_CBR.jpg

If anyone has a spare chain for cheap or can point me the right way I'd appreciate it.

its a 600 ....take the chain off, soak it in some oil clean it up, and put it back on !!!!as for the clutch adjust it at the lower casing.

<!--EDIT|rob t
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156470349 -->

Is it his first bike in a while? Probably not bad to get started riding, but make sure he gets some gear.

Is it his first bike in a while?  Probably not bad to get started riding, but make sure he gets some gear.
He has a dirtbike but hasn't ridden on the streets in over 5 years so he wanted to start off with something small. He has an Arlen Ness jacket with shoulder & elbow armor from when he used to ride and a nice Shoei helmet and the guy he;s buying the bike from is giving him another helmet.

Is it his first bike in a while?  Probably not bad to get started riding, but make sure he gets some gear.
He has a dirtbike but hasn't ridden on the streets in over 5 years so he wanted to start off with something small.  He has an Arlen Ness jacket with shoulder & elbow armor from when he used to ride and a nice Shoei helmet and the guy he;s buying the bike from is giving him another helmet.
cool.gif

I ride a 93 cbr 600. My first and current beater bike. Will say excellent choice. pretty solid. Only problems were the cam chain tensioner(go manual) and the blasted rectifier (replaced twice). Got it with 25000 miles and pull 13000 on myself. I ride it everyday to work and it runs better now with everyday use than it did when I first got it. Just change the oil and keep the chain lubed and she won't do him wrong. Being carborated it likes the 89 octane best for some reason. 87 run a little stuttery and 93 run kind of hot. Will hit 145 indicated. Hope he enjoys!
laugh.gif
cool.gif

not sure it will fit but I have a slightly used 530 factory D.I.D gold chain and spare master link Ill let ya have if you pick up the shipping on it.

The chain has 1800 miles on it and the master is brand new.

Let me know

Josh

Nice bike--a good one to get into street riding with. Just tell him to take it easy at first--get use to the machine and the "crazies" out there!

not sure it will fit but I have a slightly used 530 factory D.I.D gold chain and spare master link Ill let ya have if you pick up the shipping on it.

The chain has 1800 miles on it and the master is brand new.

Let me know

Josh
Thank you Josh. I'll talk to him tonight afterwork and see what he thinks. Good looking out.

Back