My Mojave Magnum Results

HEMSPLT

Registered
I'm not posting this because I'm fast, because I'm not compared to everyone else. I jus thought my results may interest some of you.

I have a completely stock '07 Red Hayabusa. By stock, I mean my bike is the exact same thing you would get from a dealer. The only thing different from the factory is the oil.

I ran the Mojave Mile in May. The best speed I could get was 170.8 mph in 21 runs. I only ran the Mojave Magnum for one day and in 13 runs my fastest speed was on my last run, and it was 183.0 mph. To put this in perspective, I'm 6'-3 1/2" tall and weigh about 230. The denisty altitude was well over 5,000" when I made my last run. I'm not real sure whether the speed limiter was holding me back, or if that was all I could get out of it. Either way, it was pretty impressive to see a stock bike carrying my big arse that fast in those environmental conditions.

Now that I have a pretty good baseline of it's capability, it's time to start with a few mods.

I will definitely be at the September Mojave Mile. I hope more of you decide to attend. It's a great event.

183 in the mile at 5000 ft is damn good IMO on a stock GENI I would be damn proud of that! :thumbsup:

hell yea !!! That is bad a$$ !!!! I hope to see you guys there in Sept ! I will be riding there next year trying to get over 210-220

Thanks, guys, I appreciate it. It's a respectable speed on a stock bike, but it's really funny after going that fast to sit here thinking "I need more power!". I see now how this can become an expensive sport. I'm anxious to see how a few mods will increase my speed. I should also try to lose a few pounds before the next event.

That's all I could ever get out of my completely stock '06. I'm a little shorter but weigh a little more than you. What mods are you planning on doing. A few guys have pushed Gen IIs to 204-207 in the standing mile with pipes and tunes.

In no particular order, this is what I want to accomplish by the Mojave Mile in September.

Install data logger
Install tuner and get it properly dyno tuned.
Install air shifter
Move rearsets back and up. I need to due this to get my elbows and lower legs out of the wind.
I would like to install new pipes and air filter, but I will have to see how the money flows.

I still don't know what brands I'm going to go with. I have a lot of research to do and questions to ask. I would like to avoid chasing my tail and spending money twice. I would like to eventually put a turbo on it, but there's nothing wrong with a naturally aspirated engine. I just need to do a lot of thinking and establish some realistic goals and a realistic timeline for making changes.

Not sure if you met BULLET BOB: ran a 215.9 mph on an all stock motor with MR12 fuel. Asked him about mods and he only had: Brock's header, ACE pipe, K&N Race filter and dyno/tune by Johnny Cheese!

011-Copy.jpg

Not sure if you met BULLET BOB: ran a 215.9 mph on an all stock motor with MR12 fuel. Asked him about mods and he only had: Brock's header, ACE pipe, K&N Race filter and dyno/tune by Johnny Cheese!

011-Copy.jpg

The Cheese Man Cometh !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back