MY MODS

pic

head_detail.jpg

How much did the headwork set you back? What cams are you running? I like those numbers...

tounge.gif
Very cool...expensive but worth it if you have the money...I do not yet
cool.gif
I still think a stock Busa rocks on pretty fast..can't be any argument to that?..I just loved Stunnagun's first ride on his new turbo setup. "quote" can't get back to the trailer soon enough..WooHoo!!!!

Sweet mods on your Busa and good HP number. Been working on mine a while and here they are:

Sharkskin solo tail
MVP Carbon Fiber tank, slammed and narrowed
Carbon Fiber front fender
PC 2
Jeff Wallace ATRE
Polished frame, swing arm and rims
Undertail and hugger
Oops, almost forgot, a TKP installed Velocity racing stage 1 kit with dump pipe and 2 stage boost controller
jump9.gif

<!--EDIT|clrwtrbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1073265796 -->

Wow, thats an amazing improvement from head mods and cam. And the ram air must add quite a bit to the 195hp on the highway. Must feel like a kick in the butt when you hit 9500rpm! Very nice
smile.gif

Thanks GhostHawk, Actually, It starts to get crazy at about 8000 rpm. It also revs to red alot faster. I would definitly do it all over again if I had to. BTW< welcome to Hayabusa.Org.

AtticDog, No actually 210 horse can be acheived, although in order to have the smoothest and most useable horsepower my bike ended up w/ 196 at the time of completion. My latest run, the bike made 207hp. It all depends on barometric pressure, sea level, what tire you are running and the most hp will come w/ least restiction ie.. sidewinder type exhaust. Keep in mind that dynoed hp is just a figure loosly used for tuning. If you're looking for just a number there is numerous "cheats" such as adjusting smoothing on the dyno or chilling fuel that can be done. Ultimatly you will make more on the street than being parked on a dyno. You can set anything up to make a decent # on the dyno, but it may not be the best "real world" hp figure. Also, Carpenter has their dyno set pretty conservative as far as reading hp I belive a stocker on Bob's dyno makes about 145hp. Their reasoning for this is simple, once your bike is completed it will make at a minimum what it made on their dyno if you were to go to another tuner. So there are no disapointments. Prior to doing this mod I was aware and fully expected not to make the 210 hp advertised. I knew that for the way I wanted my Busa setup (street use) this # wouldn't be achived. Nonetheless, I am fully satisfied with the hp output my bike has. I hope I answered any questions and concerns regarding your question.

nice bike and mods...welcome to the board..hopefully one day i will have the money to do some of the mods ...
biggrin.gif

Back