My Michelin Road 5 review

The PR5 will do the job on the Busa.
I have tried PR3,4 and 5 on my 03. Apart from the PR3 getting cooked on the track they will do great job. As for the high speed runs i have tried them on the German autobahn going flat out for almost 200km(one tank of gas) without any issues.
I have also tried Metzeler m7rr, Pirelli Diablo Rosso 3, Metzeler Z8, Metzeler Roadtec 01, Pirelli Angel ST, Pirelli Angel GT, Pirelli Angel GT2.
My favourites.. In the wet the PR3 is by far the best road tire i 've ever tried. You can go knee down with them and they are close to full wet race tires. But they suffer from it in the dry but for normal rides they will stick up.

My allround favourite is the Pirelli Angel GT, they have a more sporty profile than the PR's and feels easier to turn in than the others. The GT2 is much the same but they have a heavier price. I have the GT2 on my 2013 busa now but will return to the GT1 when its time to change.

Also tried the GT(heavy load) version of PR4 Angel GT, and Bridgestone BT023. used them for 14-18 day trips trough Europe with wifey and luggage. DO NOT reccomend for regular riding without the load because they are to stiff in the carcass.

I went with the PR5s due to great reviews (on this thread), and the fact @c10 uses them and he rides his bike like it's supposed to be.

I have very few kms on mine so far but I like them, they handle well and are quiet....

Reactions: c10
I went with the PR5s due to great reviews (on this thread), and the fact @c10 uses them and he rides his bike like it's supposed to be.

I have very few kms on mine so far but I like them, they handle well and are quiet....
Ah my new one arrived today in time for any Iron butt run I may or may not do this year .
I'll run the old PR5 for local rides . About 700 to 1200 miles . Then its retired to rubber heaven. Photos for comparison.

20200428_163133.jpg

20200428_163141.jpg

20200428_163146.jpg

20200428_163239.jpg

20200428_163252.jpg

20200428_163212.jpg

20200428_163222.jpg

So much meat left....I won't show you my old tires when they got retired. I run them down

I ran a back tire to the cords on my old Bandit and it slithered and slid around pretty easy, I can only imagine how this bike would react.

My PR2 is getting thin as well. That’s pollen dust on it. I’ll put the new rotor and pads on when it gets replaced. I had a Marc Marquez moment yesterday coming into a corner a lil too hot. Hard on the brakes, front and rear but the rear end raised up enough to cause it to come around to the left like I was drifting on purpose!:laugh:Eased off the brakes in time to catch it (before it caught me). Bike was very stable and kept its line.

Ah my new one arrived today in time for any Iron butt run I may or may not do this year .
I'll run the old PR5 for local rides . About 700 to 1200 miles . Then its retired to rubber heaven. Photos for comparison.

View attachment 1617878

View attachment 1617879

View attachment 1617880

View attachment 1617881

View attachment 1617882

View attachment 1617883

View attachment 1617884
My only experience with them is on the heavy C14 and Florida straight roads, but I like them a lot and will install the same in the busa. I did go with a 55 profile on the C14 And it correct the speedo error and improved around curves too.

View attachment 1617878

View attachment 1617879

View attachment 1617880

View attachment 1617881

View attachment 1617882

View attachment 1617883

View attachment 1617884
Oh wait, I got the angel GTs, not these.:crazy: Now I’m getting tire mixed up. This quarantine is making me lose my mind. Lol!

Ive run Pirelli angel tires in one form or another forever and loved them. got the new angel gt2 now but Im going to keep an eye on these tires. Might try a pair next time I need new ones.

Getting new tires is like getting a new helmet, you don't know how badly you needed them until you get new ones...
These new Michelins are smooth, quiet and handle very well...I like them and am glad I went with these tires.

Well, it's been better than a year on these tires and I'm still pretty happy with them....

I was out riding today and found a stretch of brand new smooth pavement and all I heard was the sound of the bike...once I get back on the older pavement, there was a constant "growl" from the tires..

The good thing is, the Michelins heat up quickly and stick to the road...and are wearing excellently...

I went out and checked mine last night.. Thinking my rear suspension needs adjusting. Chewed out the leading edge and have a huge step .. Oh well, burn em off before riding season comes round with new 'uns
the step can be corrected up by adjusting rebound setting, ps buy the pr5 gt version

Back