My Memorial day ride was not good.

Casperle

Registered
Coming home from show Sat. I developed a knock. Hauled it home and found this. I had a vacuum leak to # 5. Hope I can get it up before summers over. 331 kit in the works. I have to sleeve # 5 because I want to stay with my original block.

piston resized.jpg

sorry to see that! hope the rebuild takes place quickly without any issues :beerchug:

OUCH... Good luck getting up and running again. Was this on the busa or that Stang behind ya in the pic?

That hurts my eyes to even look at. Hope you can get it up and going soon. Sorry for your troubles.

Look on the bright side...you still have the PROBLEM of owning a fantastic piece of history and a killer ride that ONLY needs a little engine work. :)

Good luck!

Well, the little 289 block is on the way to the machine shop. Prayers for the little guy with the correct build date. I msomewhat attached to the car I guess.

Good luck on the rebuild! At least small block ford motors are easier to work on than most..

AS expected # 5 has to be sleeved. Greg at machine shop thinks that ethinal (sp) leaned my pre-ethinal tuned carb out to much that basicly caused more heat that my rings could take. I didnt run E-85 in it just 10% everyone sells now. Wish I could find E-free gas around here. Well time to max out the credit card and build a 331. lol.

Back