My latest project

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Some may have noticed that I have not been around lately. I have been working on a project for the house over the past few months and I started into beta testing this weekend. My goal started out as a project to see if I could find a way to pump water out of our well should we lose electricty for any reason. I started piecing parts together and I accomplished my goal with wind energy and a DC pump... If I had to survive and keep water flowing I could do it... I then started to think about how I could use this energy in a bigger way and not store it in batteries but put it right on the grid. I got with my local power company and I started researching and studying... My goal now is to see if it is a viable solution to use wind power at my house to save some cost on electric bill. The average wind speed for my house for a year is 15mph, some days its more some less.. I have all the parts to start getting the data to analyze for ROI... I thought I would share with you a video I took today on day one of the data gathering... You experienced electricians give me your input....

The altenator has been opened and reworked to include solid magnets and no brushes... A power chart is below.. If I can put this on a pulley system with 5:1 I could spin that altenator and can get 1000 rpm pretty easy...

Why would this not work? I could build 5 or 6 turbines like this...

dc520chart.jpg

dc520chart.jpg

Last edited:
Good work Cap, gettin ready for the Zombies are ya? I recall pretty good ammo purchase a while back. So, Zombies show, we all rally at Caps a restart civilization? :thumbsup:

Just finished watching Season 2 of the walking dead...

very nice :beerchug:

note to self: do NOT mention this to my dad as he would have me at your house taking pics, getting part lists, and trying to build this with him :lol:

If the crap hits the fan - I'm coming to your house Doug - and I'm bringing my own ammo with me :thumbsup:

Back