My latest project

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Phone: Droid Bionic

Car: Chrysler 300

Goal: Connect my phone to my car and get all of the features of my phone on the 9 inch display on my car.

I have it all together now, I have all the parts on my workbench and will be putting it together in the next week or so...

Anyone here ever done anything like this...

cap

you could have done the same thing with an interface cable. They sell them at numerous electronics stores. it is awesome though!

It's not just the radio, I want the video from the phone on there too... Theoretically I have it all together I just need to install it. I will be able to surf the Internet, get weather and anything else I can do on my phone...

Here is what the screen looks like... I've never heard about any connectors that you could just buy for something like this....

cap

301.jpg

301.jpg

Cap the other night a guy came in to our store driving a Shelby Gt500 he had rigged his iPad into dash on.
It was all functional. No phone but everything else worked. He had moved his ac switches from dash to where cup holders were. he said he was in process of devising a way to wire in ac switches to iPad as well as all window switches.

Take a look

c5d4b9c3.jpg

a805d7e0.jpg

I should be able to get everything to work without having to cut my dash at all, It will look as factory as factory gets but I will have Internet, Netflix, whatever I can do on my phone just on a 9 inch screen...

He had Internet and Netflix and all that. iPad has no phone modem so that was all he lacked. It was a super clean almost factory look and neat thing was iPad popped right out for carry or security.

The factory radio only has conectivity for audio calling and music the rest is limited due to fcc laws of media while traveling. if you go aftermarket you can access A LOT more but with stock they are very limited. The cable he was speaking of will give you a data plug that you can route to your glove box or where ever you choose and plug your phone in and listen to the audio from your phone. Internet conectivity is pretty much unheard of as far as car audio goes. there has been a few companies that have worked on it but federal laws have limited what you can do in in the cockpit of a vehicle. Most states limit it where you cannot have a active video source in front of the drivers head rest. Hence why indash dvd players are supposed to be hooked to the parking brake. New radios in vehicles are hooked to the vehicle speed sensor and some are hooked to the gear sensor and if the vehicle is in gear it locks you out of several options such as setting up your bluetooth settings.

that's going to be cool, Cap! when are we going to set a screen up on your bike? :beerchug:

The factory radio only has conectivity for audio calling and music the rest is limited due to fcc laws of media while traveling. if you go aftermarket you can access A LOT more but with stock they are very limited. The cable he was speaking of will give you a data plug that you can route to your glove box or where ever you choose and plug your phone in and listen to the audio from your phone. Internet conectivity is pretty much unheard of as far as car audio goes. there has been a few companies that have worked on it but federal laws have limited what you can do in in the cockpit of a vehicle. Most states limit it where you cannot have a active video source in front of the drivers head rest. Hence why indash dvd players are supposed to be hooked to the parking brake. New radios in vehicles are hooked to the vehicle speed sensor and some are hooked to the gear sensor and if the vehicle is in gear it locks you out of several options such as setting up your bluetooth settings.

This is exactly why I want it to work. It should be installed soon.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

This is exactly why I want it to work. It should be installed soon.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

if you need help with anything my yahoo is the same as my name on here, ive got alot of experience doing things that arent supposed to be done and making them work right, that and my buddy works for directus navigation which is a local company here, i might be able to come up with some ideas for you and they make alot of integration devices

looking forward to see how this comes out cap. i've had several people ask about this same thing last couple of weeks at work. so keep me posted on how it goes

Okay so it was a success... No cutting, no extra wires everything looks factory..... I can do anything that I can do on my phone and it shows up on my factory screen in my car... I have a 2011 Chrysler 300 with the 8.4 inch screen... Great stereo sound so I can stream audio from the Internet right into my car stereo, completely integrated... I didn't take a pic but I can even put all of my home Direct TV channels right on my car display and stream my home TV on my car....

Here are a few examples...

Some custom wiring, I adjusted a mobile dock to take an HDMI cable and epoxied it in place. I used a cigarette lighter USB charger and soldered onto the 5v hot side and hard wired the power leads to 12vdc. I used the modified lighter adapter to power a HDMI > Composite cable adapter (Taking the signal from HDMI and splitting it into RCA connectors for Audio and Video. I then took the output from the converter and put it into a device called a lockpic which snaps into the factory harness unlocking all the features of the factory system like the limitations of programming GPS while moving or watching the DVD while moving... All the wires are under the dash except for the connector coming from the phone docking station and it runs down and under the trim....

1.jpg

Streaming Radar from the Internet
2.jpg

My Phone Desktop
3.jpg

Tapatalk and the Org!
4.jpg

NETFLIX
5.jpg

NETFLIX Streaming
6.jpg

1.jpg