My latest project (s)

mjn

Hillbilly Deluxe
Donating Member
Registered
I finished up and sold all but one of my Z50a's awhile back, and have been on the hunt for another vintage bike project.

The very first bike I ever rode on was an SL350 Honda. I was about 7 years old, and it made a huge impression on me. I've wanted one ever since.

I stumbled on these two on Craigslist, and long story short, I bought 'em.

They've both been sitting in a barn for the last 20-25 years, and other than one non-factory exhaust, they are both complete, and very straight.

1971 SL 350 K1 with 3300 miles; (yea, the flowers on the side covers are goin away..)

SL350s018.jpg

SL350s017.jpg

1972 SL 350 K2 with 14,800 miles. Repainted, but straight;
SL350s016.jpg

SL350s004.jpg

I'm in the process of tearing down the '71 now.. I can't wait to ride it!! :thumbsup:
SL350s019-1.jpg

Nice little collection of bikes. If I had a perminent home I would have me some bikes to play with too. Nice garage space :thumbsup:

Looks like you have a couple of nice machines to start with. Geesh, between this post and that nice looking HD Hummer(?) in another post, I think a older bike resto. would be fun. As of right now I`m working on a `68 Corvette conv. 4 spd. & I need to get this car completed before I could even consider it.
My Aunt/Uncle kept an old MC that belonged to my father for many years after he died (vehicle accident), it was very weathered from sitting out in the AZ sun for 20+ years but was all there. Think it was a Benelli Riverside.
That bike went to the dump.Bummer.
Have fun with your projects and keep us posted.

I can appreciate what your saying and the topic - glad you found them :beerchug:

Man , that Seca looks nice - is it a clean one ? Tells us more and maybe a photo . I knew a guy that put over 75k on one of those - that was on yesteryears engine oil . Yamaha makes good bikes .

Man , that Seca looks nice - is it a clean one ? Tells us more and maybe a photo . I knew a guy that put over 75k on one of those - that was on yesteryears engine oil . Yamaha makes good bikes .

I bought her new in '81. I'd have to say it's a pretty clean one.. other than one little (1") scratch on the side cover, it's about perfect. I've got the original exhaust (unrusted) in a box. 17K on the clock.

I put superbike bars on it and a Barnett clutch back in the 80's. The Mac exhaust came in the 90's. Other than that, it's bone stock.

I just finished rebuilding the front caliper & installed my last pair of Ferrodo pads on it. Gonna break down and buy a battery for it one of these days and ride it some..

81seca.jpg

camera028.jpg

Very nice . It's your buddy -highly probability you could never part with it while not knowing anything more than whats posted :beerchug:

Sometimes i wish i could have a couple of my old bikes back from the pre age 16 years . One being a Kawasaki that i pushed a long way a couple times.

BTW - nice Busa - mine is same year and color

Very nice!

I'll be looking for a new project soon (I hope)

Very nice . It's your buddy -highly probability you could never part with it while not knowing anything more than whats posted :beerchug:

Sometimes i wish i could have a couple of my old bikes back from the pre age 16 years . One being a Kawasaki that i pushed a long way a couple times.

BTW - nice Busa - mine is same year and color

yea... I figure I've held onto it this long, no reason to sell it. It's probably worth more to me than it would be to someone else anyway. :laugh:
Lots of great memories on that bike....

I remember you've got a black/silver gen 1.. I'm bettin yours is much cleaner than mine is though. The right hand side of mine has a bit-o-rash.. :whistle:

Thanks for the comments!:thumbsup:

Nice share :thumbsup: Good luck, looking forward to following the restoration :beerchug:

The plan is to just get it runnin' and ride it for awhile. I've had this habit of making them so nice that I'm half afraid to ride 'em.

I'll eventually pull the motor and re-do everything, but right now I just wanna hear it run!

Bikes are just plain cool. One man's junk is another man's dragon slayer on the road race track
< insert a nicely done Honda 919 here > .

Many nice makes and models of this and that over the years are still out there but at varying prices. Some oldies are just too much money for this guy.

I notice alot of the really nice survivors are west coast and far N and NE USA.

I just watch the local Craigslist

Wow! I love the man cave you have goin there. Even have the man cave sign. I'm envious!

Back