My job situation

memorex

Registered
I had the choice of being laid off or taking a fork lift job back in april. Knowing how tuff the job market is I took the fork lift job. Today they cut my pay by 2.24 an hour. Talk about being pissed off. I had to walk out of the room to stop myself from telling them how I really felt. :banghead::banghead:

bro that sucks...Theres alot of cutbacks going around everywhere right now so trust me when I say" I know how you feel". But chin up! the good news is that you've got the fastest color 1st gen.:beerchug:

you are blessed to have a job just look at it that way my brother in law cant even find work and he has a degree in electronics dont make it about money the guy upstairs is watching out for you and if he is with you who can be against u keep your hopes up you will make it:please:

The question is how long will I have the fastest color. lol Its paid off. But I might be needing the cash some time soon. The reason the gave me is BS. But I can't go in to details as it would make it harder for me to fall asleep.

Bro, we had to take a $500.00 a week cut, just to keep our jobs. Still better than unemployment. Hang in there an keep your head held high. :thumbsup:

I would say in this environment, you are fortunate to still have a job. If you think it's unreasonable, suggest you start looking for something else. Never quit a job until you find another one! Best of luck.

you are blessed to have a job just look at it that way my brother in law cant even find work and he has a degree in electronics dont make it about money the guy upstairs is watching out for you and if he is with you who can be against u keep your hopes up you will make it:please:

Best quote I've seen on here and I've seen a lot of good ones. I know how you feel because I was recently informed that the company I work for is trying to save money by eliminating overtime, which is about 35-45% of my income. I just have to have faith that I'll get through these tough times. God has never failed me before and I dont believe he'll start now. Just think of it this way, less taxes to pay for both of us!

you and I are in the same boat... I took a $4 hr pay cut and now have to travel 10 miles further.....

I just Spent the Entire Day interviewing for 5 Full Time Minimum Wage Jobs. I had a Stack of Applications about a 3 Feet High...............Talk about a Tough Decision. There was a Lot of Overqualified People in that Stack that were willing to work.................Times are Tough. Hold on to Any Job You Got Right Now.

When I watch shows like Life Styles of the Rich and Famous, I wonder if they thank God for thier good fortune?

I decided to leave my job of 5yrs after repeated cutbacks.:confused2: I took a $12hr cut(from $32.00 down to $19.80) on this move back in August last year.::9 :cursin:Without a lil-rainy day money I would have sank a long time ago. Things finally getting back to normal.

It'll get better... all it takes is a little patience:beerchug:

I've been on the up hill battle since december of 04. I went from 21.75 an hour to 15.22 when the photo finishing business went spiriling downward. Got up to 16.50 with this job. Then back down to 14.22. I am getting tired of this crap.

well, just think of this...you're still making more than I am and I too have a wife and kids to support so when you get down about it, just remember...you could be me.:banghead:

I am lucky enough to have relatives that are able to help me get by if needed. Thanks for the support guys. ITs tuff everywhere. I was planing on changing my fork seals this weekend. BUt its going to have to wait. maybe in a month or so.

Last edited:
i know how you feel, they cut my pay 13% earlier this year but i still have a job even though they are now working on cutting our retirement benefits...of course, the company, CEO, senior VP's, and other top dogs are making their millions while they cut the guy at the bottom of the ladders' pay...oh well, i do my job to the best of my ability, clock out at the end of the week, and go for a ride...i hope everything works out for you :beerchug:

Back