My Introduction

:welcome: Gilman to the board. You are very fortunate to be teamed up with Scar, I consider him one of my Busa idols and admire him a great deal. Stick by him and you will be fine! :beerchug:

Dave

Any friend of Scar's is a friend on these boards. Nice to meet you & :welcome: That '09 R1 is a bad azz machine :thumbsup:

Howdy do to you and your...what'd you say it was?....a Yamaha?...:laugh:

All in fun Mr. G-man. :thumbsup: :welcome: to the .oRg!!

:welcome: to the madness trust me it is addictive and soon you will feel the need to have real power between your legs:thumbsup: ask LM she know:lol: Ate a R one for breakfast:ehh:

BTW :worthless:
Never the less :welcome: and see you soon on a busa:laugh:

In spite of knowing Scar, we will still allow you into this family! Doyle

can you give us a review on the 09 R1 ???

Sure, I don't have alot of time on it about 2900 miles. Got it on 26JUN09 so there is alot I still haven't got figured out. Seperate thread promise.

I would also like to know what you think about the 09 R1. I loved my 99 R1...it was my first bike when I was 19. :thumbsup:

The Yamaha R1 not unlike the Hayabusa has a bit of a following. I think both owners on both sides of fence look back at past bikes with fond memories.

Gilman: Welcome to the .oRg, yo. Nice write up.

I'm rather confident the pic police will be along shortly, so the best advice is for you to post up a pic of your scoots. :laugh:

As I mentioned privately, if you spend any amount of time here, you'll recognize how different (read: better) a place Hayabusa.oRg is...:whistle:

Scar, your right it is a bit different around here. Might take some getting used to. Clean out your PM box and take a break from taking in all the "Thank-you's" to check out my Gallery. I put pics up there ASAP after joining in expectations of above mentioned "enforcement" Ha Ha. Yeah, looking forward to it.

Howdy do to you and your...what'd you say it was?....a Yamaha?...:laugh:

All in fun Mr. G-man.

No worries, I put on my flame suit before ageeing to the the TOS and clicking yes, I want to be burned alive for riding a Yamaha. No offence taken.

You are very fortunate to be teamed up with Scar, I consider him one of my Busa idols and admire him a great deal. Stick by him and you will be fine!

Dave

Thanks for the welcome. The only thing I admire about Scar is the capacity of his Gas Card and the amount of disposeable income he dumps into tires!!! LOL!! No, all joking aside I admire him for his commitment to the sport and his desire to share it with as many quality people as he can. So F()CKING humble too...Scar calls me up right. Ah, can I ask a really big favor? I say sure what's up? Can you take my car and follow me to the local dealership so I can drop my bike off for it's 40,000 mile service? What a **** right? I wish I had 40K miles on my bike.

Any friend of Scar's is a friend on these boards. Nice to meet you & :welcome: That '09 R1 is a bad azz machine

If you meet me you'll most likely live to regret those words. LOL! I don't know why Scar puts up with my BS most days. A good friends indeed.

:welcome: to the madness trust me it is addictive and soon you will feel the need to have real power between your legs:thumbsup: ask LM she know. Ate a R one for breakfast.

Never the less :welcome: and see you soon on a busa

You didn't by chance take it on a stright without warning did you? Ha Ha!! Its all good man. It comes down to the rider in almost every single case. Would be a shame if you got taken by a lesser machine with a more talented rider. It's all good like I mentioned before.

:welcome: I almost bought that 09 R1 myself. Love that sound!

Have you looked into some aftermarket slipons? In the lower rev's putting around town I know Scar's bike as a very healthy deep rumble. I like the '09 sound too. Part of the reason I had to have it. Silly I know.

In spite of knowing Scar, we will still allow you into this family! Doyle

Whew, I was worried. Thanks for the welcome.

To all that have posted thus far thanks for the very warm welcome. Those I quoted I had to edit your post in part do to the large number of "Welcome Signs"

Now to attach the pics.

CP__7247.JPG

IMG_7112.jpg

Current 09 Mileage 8pm 08AUG09.jpg

for those of you that met my friend troy at the bash and for semi and acehole who met him last thursday...he has an 2009 raven r1, 2 brothers exhaust, vortex rear sets velocity screen and bought a cowl for it too, i find him out ahead of me alot now, because im always slowing down to hear his exhuast and look at his bike...btw he loves it and is leaning over so far now that he worries me...very torque'y but hard to take of from dead stop in 1st gear as it need 4,000 rpm or it chugs and hops power for power he can keep up with me till about 125 then he fades back...probably the best track type bike i have ever ridden but you need to get those stock cans off the back they stick out so far the rear passenger cannot get there feet on the foot pegs without resting there legs on the exhaust ...the 2 brothers really woke the bike up and shaved about 3-4 inches off the sides of the tail where the pipes stick out

great shots :thumbsup:

Aw, that's nothing but some hack trying like hell to ride faster then "Driving Miss Daisy".

Notice the difference in the knee pucks between me on the 09 and the 03. That should tell you something of my confidence level on the 09 vs. the 03.

No telling what could have happend on the track with my Silver and Black! I ride like a big Ape all crossed up most of the time. Working on the body position.

Here is a pic of my first attempt on my 09 up at GMR. No sooner did I finish that then I flipped the key to my buddy. He comes through the same corner with a knee on the tarmac. The feeling of being owned was pretty embarrassing. Kind of like watching your wife has sex with someone else and having to listen to her tell you in the act of doing so that it's SO MUCH BETTER with him! That kind of embarrassing!!

-Gilman

IMG_7384.jpg

Aw, that's nothing but some hack trying like hell to ride faster then "Driving Miss Daisy".

Notice the difference in the knee pucks between me on the 09 and the 03. That should tell you something of my confidence level on the 09 vs. the 03.

No telling what could have happend on the track with my Silver and Black! I ride like a big Ape all crossed up most of the time. Working on the body position.

Here is a pic of my first attempt on my 09 up at GMR. No sooner did I finish that then I flipped the key to my buddy. He comes through the same corner with a knee on the tarmac. The feeling of being owned was pretty embarrassing. Kind of like watching your wife has sex with someone else and having to listen to her tell you in the act of doing so that it's SO MUCH BETTER with him! That kind of embarrassing!!

-Gilman

Very descriptive, James!!! :laugh:

Embarassing...sure; maybe even humiliating :rofl:

Back