My impression of my O8 busa

LordMax

Registered
Ok.. I have been keeping pace with the forums for a while now.. lots of folks had issues with the tail and whatever else.. Not to mention performance.

I got my Black and Orange.. Only one in this area till next year I guess. I got a call about the bike arriving.. apparently several folks got calls. Well I went up right then.. and watched it being uncrated... I didn't put money down because I was unsure based on the pictures and feedback if I would really want it.

Well.. simply put. I was blown away by the orange. I didn't look at the bike any further and left to get my check book. The Orange is a fantastic color, not a crappy orange but a really nice one. As for the bike.. OMG... the exhaust is huge... but in person the tail and all really looks badass.

The instrument panel... dudes.. badass! Now for the ride.. Starting it was a breeze.. no more fast idle lever... nothing but turn the key. Instant start. My god I could barely hear it run... The engine was sooooo quiet and it barely made any sound through those huge ass cans.

Sitting on it.. I no longer get a numb thumb and fingers.
Twisting the throttle I noticed a bit of freeplay that I think needs to be adjusted, but when the butterflies open.. damn. Snappy.. The engine sounds so much quieter. the bike shifts 10 times smoother and now I actually can see what gear I am in. I did not hammer it or anything since its brand new but I gave it a bit of a kick and noticable difference in snap.

I have an 05 and parked it side by side.. the 08 seems wider.. big ass cans.. the 08 is taller in the front. I got all kinds of thumbs ups along the way today.

I guess there was a bit of a spat at the dealer since I was the only one to get the bike.. you snooze.. you loose.

Smooth... well built and one hell of a paint job. The pictures do not do it justice.. and one more thing.. that plastic crap hangin on the tail easily unbolts. It seems it was designed with removing the black license plate tongue from the rearend. Only complaint.. some of the graphics stickers are gay.. and will be removed... once in a while my shift indicator displays nothing when in neutral instead of 0. Not often, but does happen.

Compared to my 05 the 08 seems more solid and smooth... Hope you guys get to ride one. I think you won't be disappointed.

I'll post pics later.

(LordMax @ Oct. 04 2007,18:29) Ok.. I have been keeping pace with the forums for a while now.. lots of folks had issues with the tail and whatever else.. Not to mention performance.

I got my Black and Orange.. Only one in this area till next year I guess. I got a call about the bike arriving.. apparently several folks got calls. Well I went up right then.. and watched it being uncrated... I didn't put money down because I was unsure based on the pictures and feedback if I would really want it.

Well.. simply put. I was blown away by the orange. I didn't look at the bike any further and left to get my check book. The Orange is a fantastic color, not a crappy orange but a really nice one. As for the bike.. OMG... the exhaust is huge... but in person the tail and all really looks badass.

The instrument panel... dudes.. badass! Now for the ride.. Starting it was a breeze.. no more fast idle lever... nothing but turn the key. Instant start. My god I could barely hear it run... The engine was sooooo quiet and it barely made any sound through those huge ass cans.

Sitting on it.. I no longer get a numb thumb and fingers.
Twisting the throttle I noticed a bit of freeplay that I think needs to be adjusted, but when the butterflies open.. damn. Snappy.. The engine sounds so much quieter. the bike shifts 10 times smoother and now I actually can see what gear I am in. I did not hammer it or anything since its brand new but I gave it a bit of a kick and noticable difference in snap.

I have an 05 and parked it side by side.. the 08 seems wider.. big ass cans.. the 08 is taller in the front. I got all kinds of thumbs ups along the way today.

I guess there was a bit of a spat at the dealer since I was the only one to get the bike.. you snooze.. you loose.

Smooth... well built and one hell of a paint job. The pictures do not do it justice.. and one more thing.. that plastic crap hangin on the tail easily unbolts. It seems it was designed with removing the black license plate tongue from the rearend. Only complaint.. some of the graphics stickers are gay.. and will be removed... once in a while my shift indicator displays nothing when in neutral instead of 0. Not often, but does happen.

Compared to my 05 the 08 seems more solid and smooth... Hope you guys get to ride one. I think you won't be disappointed.

I'll post pics later.
i hope you did not pay MSRP for it... because i live 1200 miles away where i ordered my new 08' orange / black and it should be here this month! also i am paying way less than msrp including shipping.... thanks for playing...
smile.gif

(roadkingclassic @ Oct. 04 2007,21:43) i hope you did not pay MSRP for it... because i live 1200 miles away where i ordered my new 08' orange / black and it should be here this month!  also i am paying way less than msrp including shipping.... thanks for playing...
smile.gif
So how much are you paying. I can only assume your buying from ARS.

I didn't pay MSRP I actually got a couple hundred off / free plates / I think discounted extended warranty
Camera's batteries are dead.. but tomorrow.. I will have some pics. I wasn't going to mess around to much.. apparently there was a list of folks willing to buy... I just got their first.. LOL.

Its 10pm here and I have people knocking on my door to look at my bike.. no sleep for the weary.
AAAssjani.gif

mad.gif

If you make any more posts about your '08 before posting any pics of it, you'll be hunted down and shot. This is not a threat ... just a warning!
guns.gif

ughhh i want orange and black...show me orange and black ugh ughhhhhhh

The bike is imaginary unless we see PICS!
bump.gif

Congratulations!! Thanks for the impression. I agree that bike is beautiful. I've gone and visited a orange & black twice at the dealer, the second time to have my wife sit on the back. Are you keeping the '05? I have an '05 red & black that I absolutely love, but two Busas...excessive? Or is it just
heart.gif

Congratulations!! Thanks for the impression. I agree that bike is beautiful. I've gone and visited a orange & black twice at the dealer, the second time to have my wife sit on the back. Are you keeping the '05? I have an '05 red & black that I absolutely love, but two Busas...excessive? Or is it just  
heart.gif
Not sure if I will keep my 05... I have a lot of money in the paint job so might.. just depends on any good offers I guess.
Pics are coming.. lost my webserver login for a place to put my pics so I can link.. unless there is another way to put pics up?

Back