My Hugger doesn't fit either

mach1970

Registered
I installed my Hugger from HPC this weekend and it doesn't fit either. I see that they are standing behind their product so hopefully they will chime in here and get me a new Orange/Carbon hugger. I really like the look of it, but it actually rubs the tire on the one side.

Help please.

Thanks,

Rob Hatfield

I installed my today and it does not rub. But it comes real close on one side. The other side looks good. I might be able to put some kind of spacer on the right side. It does look good over all. HPC has great customer service, they will make it right for you.

Got mine Wed. Took about 10 min to put it on. Perfect fit. It appears that HPC will fix you up. Their customer service is top notch. In the process of getting mine, I spoke with Greg, Terra & George. They were extremely helpful.

Y'know, usually just contacting the retailer is the best way to handle a situation like this. There's no need to post up about it unless the company doesn't take care of the situation. HPC is a sponsor here and has a bulletproof reputation for integrity and customer service, if they have an unsatisfied customer it is fixed, done deal. If a product is substandard workmanship, they will soon find another supplier if it doesn't get better. They seek to supply only the best, and that applies not just to products but service as well.

Y'know, usually just contacting the retailer is the best way to handle a situation like this. There's no need to post up about it unless the company doesn't take care of the situation. HPC is a sponsor here and has a bulletproof reputation for integrity and customer service, if they have an unsatisfied customer it is fixed, done deal. If a product is substandard workmanship, they will soon find another supplier if it doesn't get better. They seek to supply only the best, and that applies not just to products but service as well.
Hold on there. He didn't start the thread whining, slamming or being unreasonable. I have no problem with him letting us know there are some issues with the fitment. But as evidenced here we know Greg (HPC) and the manufacturer will make it right, so buyers know they won't have a federal case on there hands.

There shouldn't be an issue posting that it may take two or three attempts before getting one to fit "properly". Obviously there is an issue with the mold process and I for one would want to know that in advance.

Guys we are working with the manufacturer to get this matter resolved. We are close to pulling sales of these items but Extreme Graphics had some design issues that were resolved to my knowledge. I too purchased parts for 22 years before we opened our shop and understand customer service.

We normally won't sell anything found to be sub-standard. In this case these huggers when fitted look really well so we are hoping the issues get resolved with every hugger and undertail produced by the manufacturer.

If you call us we can fix your problems, sometimes post and PM's go missed, call us.

Greg

Welcome to the world of aftermarket!

Slam the parts out the door!

Get a bunch of angry customers!

Then decide to fix the problem!

The aftermarket way!

Welcome to the world of aftermarket!

Slam the parts out the door!

Get a bunch of angry customers!

Then decide to fix the problem!

The aftermarket way!
rofl.gif

Ain't that the truth. I know Greg will handle this...no worries.

Before someone jumps all over me for posting (to late it seems). I did let HPC know and they are taking care of the problem. I didn't slam them, or say anything negative about them. I just wanted to let people know that the problem still exists. So don't jump down my throat when I didn't even post anything negative about HPC. The Hugger looks great when installed, I just need to get one that fits properly. I know they will take care of me, as they already have but people still deserve to know that the problem still exists.

Okay, let's not create any unnecessary drama, nobody "jumped down anyone's throat" here, and no, nobody "slammed anyone".

Clearly this-

"I see that they are standing behind their product so hopefully they will chime in here and get me a new Orange/Carbon hugger."

And this-

"Help please."

were asking how to fix the problem, not an effort to inform the public about the problem. I suggested the most effective method to fix the problem, which had not been mentioned in the original post.

No chastisement was intended, no need for being defensive on anyone's part. Just take it at face value.

since there seems to be some issues with the hugger, maybe HPC will install them on his Busa to insure a perfect fit before sending them out? could save on shipping cost for them.

wee

Depending how many units go out a day that is very possible. What would it take, a swingarm with a tire /rim mounted for a jig? Should they even be leaving Canada this way? This is not an HPC issue and they should not even be receiving them this way. Hope HPC is being taken well care of.

Back