My house in Colorado

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
Two weeks ago we spent a week visiting friends in their new house in Sante Fe, New Mexico (great time, food, friends, exploring, long distance bicycling, etc.). One of the days we drove north to check out our house in the San Juan Mountains in Southern Colorado. It's a big ol place right on the San Juan River. Anyways, we drove into a freekin blizzard! Sure glad they upgraded our rental car to an all wheel drive SUV, really saved us. On the road down to the river valley, I took this pic of our pad, kinda makes me want to retire there, only 25 minutes from a ski resort, I built that 35 x 25 garage, fully insulated....for a motorcycle cave. Doyle

IMG_0010 (8).jpg

Raydogg! I don't know what you mean by "Kinda"?? That looks like the perfect place to retire!
Would love come and visit you there and ride when you finally drop the other shoe and do it!
Take care and be safe my friend!
Bubba

I have spent many night in the San Juan National forrest, one of my favorite places on this earth....

Thanks you guys, I must admit, it's the only place in my lifetime that when I return, I get the same good feelings each time. It is a special part of the world. The one money incentive is that if we live there for 18 months, the IRS considers it my primary residence so a sale would be tax free! As a hard chargin 66 yr old, it's awesome.....but when I'm 78 yrs old someday, 24" snowstorms can be quite an inconveinence! (that's why both Sante Fe and Oregon are the current frontrunners for the "forever house").
Who knows though, if we go there for a while and my wife loves it, then that's where we'll be! Right now the rent covers the mortgage so we don't have to decide for a year or so (my FINAL retirement date). Doyle

Nice pad...but I am most curious: what is that white stuff? ??? :poke: :D

Exactly! That shot was about April 18th....that's what happens at 7500 feet in the Rockies. It is beautiful there though, in 10 minutes you can be single track mountain biking through a grassy meadow surrounded by deer and elk just watching you. It is magical! That's the whole lure of the place. Far cry from the streets of Los Angeles! (or any metro environment).

that looks like a great place to hang out for a while! :beerchug:

Exactly! That shot was about April 18th....that's what happens at 7500 feet in the Rockies. It is beautiful there though, in 10 minutes you can be single track mountain biking through a grassy meadow surrounded by deer and elk just watching you. It is magical! That's the whole lure of the place. Far cry from the streets of Los Angeles! (or any metro environment).

Wuuut? That's just crazy talk, now. :cookoo: :D

No kiddin, huh? 7500ft? Good Lord...that's about 5 times as high as the highest point we got here on the island. I'll agree with you, though...I'll bet it's dang near paradise in the spring. I've been on the streets of L.A. ...while the weather is nice, the random muggings, violent acts and smog turn me off a little bit.

Nice place ya got there, though...nice place. :thumbsup:

Very cool . Love the woods. To bad you have to be old in this society to retire. I think it should be reversed. Retire while you are young and go to work at 40 until you die. :thumbsup:

Very cool . Love the woods. To bad you have to be old in this society to retire. I think it should be reversed. Retire while you are young and go to work at 40 until you die. :thumbsup:

Not likely that retirees would "now want to go to work" on their 40 birthday! I can't emphasize enough the importance of taking care of yourself through your forties and fifties to prepare for the actual best years of your life. I'm 65, will be riding a 300hp street Busa, a motocross bike, ride 200 miles weekly on my bicycles and am getting stronger daily. I only make this point as a wake up call to thousands of folks that say to themselves, "I'll get in shape tomorrow" or "I'll start eating less and better soon". Do it now for health and power later! It really is addictive in the best of ways....Doyle

Back