My home track sucks

Black Clover

Registered
Took most of the day to prep my bike for races tonight.
Drove over and was stopped at the gate. Told that motorcycles and street tires were not allowed on the track.
They had two flyers for the special event (x275 cars and grudge races) and nowhere did it say anything about TNT/street tire/motorcycles not allowed!!!
It's sad when you just don't feel welcome at your home track.
But then again, car racers and track owner/officials have made it clear that they never liked bikes there.
If there was another track closer than 2 hrs away I would be there every time the gates were open!!!
F 'em in the A
Ben Bruce Memorial Airpark Raceway gets no respect from me!

I know there are racers from all over the U.S. that read this forum...do y'all find the same attitude/support from the tracks you race at?
I'm just curious...

Sounds like V.I.R
They dropped Superbike after 10 successful years.
And they also added those stupid stacked Yellow Pages curbing, so cars wouldn't cut the corners.
The curbs have gotten several knee pucks and turned some simple lowsides into bad crashes.
I never got the chance to ride there, but won't after their BS.

What other tires are there besides a slick ? I ride on my Shinkos which are the best drag tire and a street tire.

Never even heard of no street tires. Don't know why a track would be turning away bikes unless it was a class requirement for the special event. Even then, I would think it would be a disadvantage for class. Looks like they might be leasing the track to a promoter, so the promoter might be the one turning you away...

Yeah, so complain to the track about that promoter. They lease the track, so they can have whatever rules they want. Can't really blame the track for leasing out if they aren't making ends meet. I would avoid those events but keep going to the normal track-sponsored events.

The bad deal is they did not disclose the no street tire clause....any track rental I've been on is slicks only...street tires tear up the vht sticky glue...it will pull off your shoes....a bike tire pulls up a thin patch / line vs a 18" wide slick car tire...a street car tire or bike tire kills the contact patch for a fat slick car tire...the bs is they did not clarify the rules of entry...it is expensive for a half track or a full track spray of the sticky stuff. I get what you are saying and tracks pull groups that produce money...when they loose bikes and another track is pulling bikes the owner may open his eyes

Make no mistake, Most car guys don't like to stop for the bikes to run no matter if there driving a piece of junk dripping oil & other fluids on the track and running slower than a turtle can run. Car guys are car guys, Motorcycle guys are motorcycle guys. Some tracks the car guys pay the bills because they turn out bigger numbers more frequent, So never forget it's a business that caters to the ones paying the bills.

If there was another track closer than 2 hrs away I would be there every time the gates were open!!!

Royal Purple is open most Friday nights and would seem to be a fit with your needs. It's in Baytown, just south of I-10. I was there on 6th and for the first couple of hours, doing hot laps was easy enough and lots of fun. They pull the bikes in between the lanes under the grandstand at the start. Everyone there was super kewl to me (NFG) and I had a good time. When they tell you to pull to the right at the start, they mean to the right side of the big lanes, not the small lane on the right. Just a heads up if you haven't been out there.

Royal Purple is open most Friday nights and would seem to be a fit with your needs. It's in Baytown, just south of I-10. I was there on 6th and for the first couple of hours, doing hot laps was easy enough and lots of fun. They pull the bikes in between the lanes under the grandstand at the start. Everyone there was super kewl to me (NFG) and I had a good time. When they tell you to pull to the right at the start, they mean to the right side of the big lanes, not the small lane on the right. Just a heads up if you haven't been out there.

it's been 15 years
Thanks

If the LCD for my PC V gets here on time, we will be back out on the 27th. Last time, they started running at 6:15 and were still running when we left after 10. The evening sea breeze helps with keeping the temps down.

Back