My home from bash reflections.....

John -- GixxerHP, John I have a whole new respect for you. In years past I never saw the work that you did for others, this year I made a point to watch more closely. If someone had any problem with their bike you told them to bring it to you, you never complained or put them off but dealt with it right then. You stayed up into the wee hours of the mornings wrenching on bikes. You sacrificed your ride time so others could get back on the road. After watching you for a few days I even asked a few questions to you just to see your reaction, this is when I realized your the real deal. A man that just wants to be in the group, a man that enjoys helping others and is REALLY REALLY good at it.. I am curious as to how many dollars you saved members by allowing them to use your tools like the tire changer or fork kits... How many people benifitted from you tinkering on their bikes? I heard a rumor that you were looking for a Frame Neck Stand and brother the Org has one on order for you. It will be shipped to your house from Redline Stands... I am a better person by being able to watch you serve your fellow riders..

Doug...notice how modest he is? ???

Very well said, Doug!

I dont know what to say about the the stand, but Thank you, but its not necessary!

You deserve it azz, so STFU and take it!!

I was about to say the same thing! Maybe he needs a swift kick in the azz? :whistle:

Very well said, Doug!

I dont know what to say about the the stand, but Thank you, but its not necessary!

Ya know John I know it's not necessary but it is something that I want to do for you as a small token of a payback for all you did for others. Maybe that stand can be used someday to help another member.

Take it, use it and remember that we all stick together....

cap

Every time I read one of these comments by Doug and view the pics people post of the Bash and read the stories, it makes me want to go more and more and more. It would be a real pleasure to ride with y'all some time, ride with some of you again.

It makes me very pleased to be a part of this board organization. I'm always impressed and astounded by just how much can be done by a group of good-hearted people.

Keep it up, all of ya. I'll get out there some time.

Rich and Vinny? Wanna try it again next year?

--Wag--

Every time I read one of these comments by Doug and view the pics people post of the Bash and read the stories, it makes me want to go more and more and more. It would be a real pleasure to ride with y'all some time, ride with some of you again.

It makes me very pleased to be a part of this board organization. I'm always impressed and astounded by just how much can be done by a group of good-hearted people.

Keep it up, all of ya. I'll get out there some time.

Rich and Vinny? Wanna try it again next year?

--Wag--

Why wait til next year....come on out for the fall! :poke:

Thanks Doug, it was an honor to meet you. All these people would rather be thanking YOU for giving us the opportunity to have this fellowship. The kindness and generosity of those present was very noticeable and I am a better person for coming.

Ya know John I know it's not necessary but it is something that I want to do for you as a small token of a payback for all you did for others. Maybe that stand can be used someday to help another member.

Take it, use it and remember that we all stick together....

cap
Will do sir, and Thanks!

An fitting tribute, Doug.

Eloquent, thorough, succinct.

Kudos to you, too!!!

as we motored up the Dragon, I could not help but think about the guys that were missing.... Hal, Doyle, Tom, Shawn, and numerous others from bash past... (Mike and Kevin of course)

Seems every bash we get a new batch of guys that learn something about what bash is about... In a lot of respects I took to heart what Doyle (DR1300R) said about the "old days".. no politics, no BS, just a handful of guys there for the ride... I am grateful that Steve, Joe and Sam (Gurerro) were there for just that, the ride... John and John (racerV and co.) did pretty darn good too :) We put on a hard 1000 miles of riding...

I am sure that the guys that have a few bash events under their belt were teary eyed as we went past the CROT... Thinking about the times we sat there in the AM or PM talking about the day to come or the day passed was pretty livid.. I do not think we can replace Mike or Kevin but their spirit will always be there.. I know that Gixer of all people has endured the loss of these 2 great guys...

I was so honored to have the Varner clan ask me to take Krystal with me (Kevins niece) All I could think about was "what would Kevin say"... I have a feeling that that young lady will some day pick up where Kevin left off... (time for a full helmet for you young lady) :) Kat, Trashy and family, I think you sum up what the event is about.. a strange botherhood of people from all walks of life with a common love.. Just glad to be a part of it myself... :thumbsup:

For me, all I can say is thank you for letting me become a part of it all:bowdown::bowdown:

Back