My home from bash reflections.....

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Every year I go to the Busa Bash and I come home a little better than when I left home. I have been running this forum for right at 10 years now and I can tell you that I have met some incredible people... Each year I get the opportunity to meet more members in person and put names and faces together. Being able to just sit down and visit with folks for 15 minutes can give you a lot to put with the post they put up each day. Here are a few things that I came back with this year...

I can honestly say that I had the great opportunity to meet these new people and they just blew me away with kindness.

Stephen -- TuffBusa, What an honor to meet a guy with so much knowledge about riding. I looked around over the week and consistantly observed Stephen with imiginary handlebars making the lean in the air demonstrating proper techniques to a different person everytime I saw him... What a great contribution to the site you make Tuffbusa.... thanks...

Aquaman -- BrendanP -- Brendan, It was great to finally meet you, share some great stories and laugh over and over... You took all the ribbing we gave you in stride and I think that not taking yourself too seriously is a great trait to have... Mrs, Captain and I both laughed when we were there thinking about your Yankee accent. You cooked, cleaned and was open to anyone that would listen.. Thank you...

Lurch -- Firedog5800 -- Kevin, Your a good man Kevin, I watched you get up early each morning and laugh, clean, cook, pick up bikes and were always the first person to volunteer. You treated Mrs. Captain and I better than we deserve.. You are the perfect example of what an org member should be... Thanks for your kindness.......

Grumpy -- Mrs Grumpy, I don't think anyone really knows all the work that you do to pull off feeding as many as you did.. The weeks and months leading up to the meet and you were working on getting food together for the best prices, making menu's and storing hundreds of lbs of meat... Trailering all the food to the event and then prep and cooking each day. You two are appreciated and I want you both to know that I am working on some way to repay you. We didnt just have burned hamburgers every night but steak, shrimp, lasagna, fresh salads and even desserts. You sacrificed your own vacation to serve others, I watched you both stop riding around 2 pm most days just so you could start cutting and prepping the food. We should all aspire to be as dedicated and serving as you both.... I want you to know that your time is priceless and I am thankful that we have folks like you that were able to step up and make it happen...

John -- GixxerHP, John I have a whole new respect for you. In years past I never saw the work that you did for others, this year I made a point to watch more closely. If someone had any problem with their bike you told them to bring it to you, you never complained or put them off but dealt with it right then. You stayed up into the wee hours of the mornings wrenching on bikes. You sacrificed your ride time so others could get back on the road. After watching you for a few days I even asked a few questions to you just to see your reaction, this is when I realized your the real deal. A man that just wants to be in the group, a man that enjoys helping others and is REALLY REALLY good at it.. I am curious as to how many dollars you saved members by allowing them to use your tools like the tire changer or fork kits... How many people benifitted from you tinkering on their bikes? I heard a rumor that you were looking for a Frame Neck Stand and brother the Org has one on order for you. It will be shipped to your house from Redline Stands... I am a better person by being able to watch you serve your fellow riders..

Skydiver -- Keith What an honor to visit with you, you have a great outlook on life and I wanted to tell you that the talk we had the night you came in was great and I look foreward to visiting with you again in the future.....

I want all the members that ate at the event to know that there was a lot of effort that went into each meal.... When I would walk into the Grumpy's cabin there was always someone cooking or cutting or prepping... I know that I will leave someone out but I can tell you this for sure... Sambusa, Lurch (Firedog5800) Grumpy, Mrs Grumpy, Nicole, Aquaman and Marlene were always getting things ready... When someone yelled out "where is the napkins" think for a second on who brought the supplies to you.....

It was great to see other members step up and volunteer to help as they came in... I remember seeing.....

Lycan on the grill
BusaJules serving Hamburgers
WardbirdII flipping turkey burgers
Dan cooking

You guys help me fill in those that I missed...

In the end I feel richer for knowing you all better, thanks to the group that I rode with on Friday morning for putting up with me.

Thanks to you all for letting me rant on Friday night... What time are we leaving again?

I think that Kevin would be proud for what we did as a group, there is no way that one person could pull off the bash. It's a group event that builds relationships and brings us closer together... I was able to clear out some questionable things with members while we were there and I appreciate the patience of our members..

I will close with this last view.... While we will never forget Kevin or Mike I know that neither would want us moping around living in the past. Angela put that video together that we watched on Friday night and just watching it reminded me that Kevin and Mike both lived life, they weren't afraid of it and they made friends everywhere they went, we should all strive for that each day. I believe that the ride through the dragon for Kevin and Mike put some closure on the grieving our members had. Both men would want us to move on, never forgetting them but always building on what they taught us. Friendship is everlasting and we should do whatever it takes to keep our friends healthy and close.

As we were riding through the Dragon on Sat morning at the blazing speed of 24 MPH I was talking on the radio with Semi, he made a statement that was funny but oh so true... He said "What would Kevin say if he was here riding the Dragon at 24mph" We both laughed and it was so true, Kevin would want us to ride, have fun and laugh alot, the best way that we can honor all those members that have gone before us is to live life to it's fullest, laugh alot and hold our family and friends close....

We brought on some new family this week too.... the Varner clan showed up and I think they got a little taste of what we are and how we roll. As a group we are better than any one individual could be. When a group of harley riders want to hang out with the metric bikers we have done something right... Welcome Varner Clan.......

Thank you to all that attended that made me a richer man today than before I left on the trip.......

Cap

very well put Capt. It was a great get together and just think it is all because you keep this site up and running. :beerchug:

As usual Doug - very well put. :bowdown:

very well said Capt'n :bowdown:

It was a pleasure you see you and the Mrs. again. I laughed, I cried (thanks Mike) and had the time of my life......again! I can't wait till next year.:cheerleader:

I was thinking of several members I missed this Bash. PDBusa, and a good many others, :whistle: No; it's just a Neon... jokes :whistle: I did get to briefly meet a number of members that I hadn't really met in years past or only met in passing. I had a pretty good time and just have to say

+1 Doug

Doug, well put. And it really was a true honor to meet you and Kristy. I love that Gal! You got a great woman there.........
It feels good to be recognized in your post here as I am one of those people where you just need to physically be around me to see my sincerity.
We had a great time, and now feel even much closer to all of my Busa friends.:beerchug:

Last edited:
Very well said, Doug!

I dont know what to say about the the stand, but Thank you, but its not necessary!

Back