My Haya Compressor Dragbike build from stock

Marcus

Registered
A story from the other side of the ocean.
I'm from Denmark, where we also have dragracing. We also drive in Germany, Netherland, Norway and Sweden.
I have bought a Hayabusa, which is going to be rebuild for a Super Competition Bike - index 5.7/8.8.
I'll try the compressor way. I have been driving several different turbo bikes, and my choise of compressor is Rotex and TTS.
The parts are almost in the house, though I still need a swinger 10", which I unfortunately cant get in Europe for reasonably price.
All the electric are controlled by Megasquirt 3.0.
I upload some pictures through the process.
If there is quiestions - then be free to ask.
I think you are ahead within dragracing in overthere, so if I'm missing something, then please tell me, thanks.
Here is a list over the motor parts:
And the oilpump is ordered. :)

FULL ENGINE STRIP AND REBUILD

ROTRAX SUPERCHARGER KIT (LARGE)
TTS REPROFILLED CAM SHAFTS
FORGED PISTONS JE 8,5-1
CARILLO H-BEAM CON RODS
MULTI LOCK UP CLUTCH KIT
CUSTOM EXHAST INTO ACRAPOVIC TITANIUM END CAN
PICO INJECTORS 480
AIR SHIFTER KIT Co2
SPONDON 6 INCH STRECTHED SWING ARM OFF :(
= 320 Bhp

Per E

1 Blower
2 Wheels
4 Cylinders
Kvik Team Dragracing

PICT0008.jpg

IC2.jpg

IC1.jpg

Møllen.jpg

Drivhjul.jpg

!BTiiPggBGk~$(KGrHgoH-CYEjlLl8jjFBKJB!t35Ww~~_12.jpg

!BSlW3ZwB2k~$(KGrHgoOKkIEjlLmVUyCBKE!3lygIw~~_3.jpg

be73_3.jpg

Last edited:
Ty all

I want to try the Rotrex compressor because it has its own closed oilsystem and the airtemperature is lower. Hopefully no more burned vavles/pistons. And no more burned cranks. I've tried that too often. I'm looking forward to experince the effect of the intercooler, but if it helps in dragracingn - the old question. This one cools through ramair.

And thanks dear postman - today I received my oilpan.

user187_pic2130_1247873664.jpg

my worry with this setup is that that intercooler is going to get heat soaked very quick and not cool as efficient as it could in another position
but the build does look good
have you gotten a handle on the MS yet
if not i know of someone you can speak to to get some better info on it as he is the one who has built my standalone and it plugs directly into the factory harness

Nice setup
I have undertank intercooling on some of the bikes i have built or own and it works fine if you duct or direct the ram air through the core , but have seen a 8 mph difference in the 1/4 on one bike when the duct was left off after a plug change.
the heatsoak drop off quick just running the bike and pulling air through the intercooler, in some respects its more drag friendly than my water/air cooler that heatsoaks between rounds,( but a ice cooler would fix that)

Thanks for all your comments.
I'm not so affraid of the heat, as a compressor don't produce so much heat. I know, that someone drives on the road with this IC. But else I have to change the placement.
I have earlier built MS from the buttom on a GSXR1000, and the only problems are noise from the pickup - this cable has to be isolated/coated ? - and the standard ignition coil is able to cause problems. The new MS is made especially for me with 2 ignition module (stronger than normally) inside, so the spark function correctly. Hope you understand, what I mean. Don't know the right words in english.
I would like to have a map from a turbo hayabusa for the basic functions, so if you would share yours with me, I would be glad.
The bike should be ready for a big race called Mosten Raceday 3.-6. of september. See more at MOSTEN MC

Now its starting to look like a dragbike. Its now lowered and with extended 10", new oilpump and scrapped for 50 pounds. I'm doing all the electricity, and I hate it.
I'm trying to build a GSXR tankshell on the bike, and this way I'm able to move the seat 4" forward and still have the room for a small gascontainer from a VW Rapid (the small round watercontainer for the the cooler). It has both intake and outtake, and it function nicely on GSXR 1000 Turbo.
I'm still waiting for the last dragbike fairings.
And my wife has to wait filling the tank with gasoline (ok - its my draft beer dispenser) :beerchug:
It was all for now.
:beerchug:

Suki Komp 201.jpg

Ledningsnet 009.jpg

Suki Komp 174.jpg

Back