my goals in korea...

ogre

Call me Liberace!
Registered
get my warrant officer packet accepted and get into flight school

Air Assault school

Airborne school (maybe with ROK army jump wings too)

Warrior Leadership Course

Sapper Leadership Course

get my associates degree

learn enough korean that i can converse with locals

learn some tae kwon do

become an NCO before i leave

anything else i ought to be going for? our division CSM told us they're going to give us as much school and training as we can handle.

I don't have anything to add to your list but want to wish you the best of luck in all that you do!!:thumbsup:

get my warrant officer packet accepted and get into flight school

Air Assault school

Airborne school (maybe with ROK army jump wings too)

Warrior Leadership Course

Sapper Leadership Course

get my associates degree

learn enough korean that i can converse with locals

learn some tae kwon do

become an NCO before i leave

anything else i ought to be going for? our division CSM told us they're going to give us as much school and training as we can handle.

Can you go to Airborne School or Air Assault School in Korea?

Just remember to do the job you are assigned to as best as you can FIRST before all the other stuff.

Sounds like you've got a PLAN :thumbsup: . Good for you :cheerleader:

The only thing I wanted when I was in Korea, was to GET OUT BEFORE I FROZE :poke:

I also remember waking up at "O Dark Thirty" , looking out my window and seeing the ROK RANGERS doing pushups in a 1 foot snow fall, IN THEIR SCHEVIES :whistle: . Moral, DON'T MESS WITH ANYONE WHO DOES PUSHUP'S IN SUBFREEZING TEMPS, IN 1 FOOT OF SNOW AND ONLY IN THEIR SCHEVIES :laugh:

Wow what a list!
How long would that all take you think ?

Them Sappers are some bad azz folks, very very well trained in the school of blowing stuff up :)

Good luck with it Matthew and thanks again for doing your little part to keep us all safe :beerchug:

sounds like a good plan, but you left something out you forgot about WLC. (warrior leaders course). get this one as soon as you can its the corner stone to all the others.

:thumbsup: my hubbin was in the army and he had to fight to get as much school as he could so if they are willing to let you go then get as much as you can :cheerleader:

My Dad was a commander in the Korean conflict. I was luck enough to be born last and was already done there before my birth.

Good luck and maybe you can tour the Hayabusa ebay rotor factory and give us a report on the quality. :laugh:

yeah, you forgot to have fun. Drink some OB or Hite and enjoy the touch of formaldehyde:beerchug:

Also, schools will come...don't worry about them. If you want to fly, sapper/air assault/airborne won't matter anymore so it would be a waste of time. Anyway, hollar if you need or want to know more about the Army Aviation world...its an interesting beast for sure.

Are you a Warrent officer or a NCO ? What are you going to fly ? My brother just retired W4 and flew Apaches , thats one bad a$$ machine ! Good luck in Korea

Back