My girl's bike

GMbusa

Orange is the fastest
Donating Member
Registered
Yeah, i know. Her bike was together and for the most part was done. I mean, i rode it all over locally making sure it was ok. But, then it happened... it started out so innocently and then i went overboard.

Wondering what her bike would look like lowered and extended, i got some dogbones and canniblized my Busa. I removed my chain and sprockets, then swapped the swingarm extentions on. Yup, it's done and my poor Busa is cussing me something fierce.

Here's her bike now. Honestly it rides and handles better now.

<!--EDIT|GMbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155945988 -->

blk600.JPG

Another stripped pic. Anyone that remembers my little oil change fiasco late last year knows how easily things can happen when i get ahold of tools.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Uh_oh2.JPG

laugh.gif

Actually, the teardown started from this. This is my lower headlight assy mount. The stud has broken off from the body. If anyone is riding around and your headlamp is bouncing like your flashing your high/low all the time, this may be your problem.

I was also swapping my Busa back to stock height and stock wheelbase for the bash next month and though up the extention swap.

broken_mount.JPG

Snapped a pic of Ben gettin off his bike. Funny how much he looks like RSD in this pic.   
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|GMbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155946053 -->

RSD_pose.JPG

laugh.gif

wow.gif
wow, that pic should be censored
laugh.gif

Where is that stud that broke off
rock.gif
I may have that problem
mad.gif

dang funny post.

not to steal the thread, but curious if stretching hinders reliability. I drive my bike 100 miles everyday to and from work, and don't want to pursue this if it compromises integrity or longevity vs. the stock length swingarm.

Thanks for any help!
Bill

Back