my Gen I is not running right. Out to the shop I go. I would rather go riding.

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Suggestions welcome.

I'll go point by point in an effort not to bore you.

Bought a 2007.
Changed exhaust to HMF full.
Did air box mod.
Did pair mod.
Installed a K&N.
Installed PC III USB
Ran almost perfect.

Did a dyno tune.
Now runs perfect.

Changed exhaust back to stock header and Yoshi slip ons.
Bike still runs mint.

A few weeks goes by.
Motor now stumbles a bit.RPM's flucuate at idle.
Motor now backfires and grumbles on decel as if I never did the Pair mod.(seems like a lean condition)
Motor seems to have lost some low RPM snap.

I've got my dirty wife beater on and have rusty vice-grips in hand.

Idea's. :dunno:

Rubbah.

Bad gas maybe, you went from a full exhaust with a tune to a stock exhaust and still using the new tune?

Drop the PC and see if it runs better. You're basically back to a stock condition.

Bad gas maybe, you went from a full exhaust with a tune to a stock exhaust and still using the new tune?

Bad gas was about all I could figure. I'm on the same tune which wouldn't be optimal,but it was fine for hundreds of clicks. The problem came on all at once.

Odd. ???

Rubb.

Other thing that pissed me off was I noticed one of my very cool black spiked swing arm spools must have vibrated off.

That sukks. I really liked those and I am all outa Busa Bucks. Rubb is poor. :banghead:

RSD.

Except for sukkin in a ton of air,you are correct.

mmmmm.....

RSD.

It's like a compressor sir, regardless of how much air you can pull in, if the exhaust is restricted it's a big zero. Your bike might as well be stock the way it sits. It only takes a second to drop the PC and go back to the factory maps if it's not the gas.

Back