my friends volusia is stalling

teamorion22

Registered
at a point in the throttle the bike is almost dying. b4 and after this point it runs good. it is an 03 suzuki volusia with an 850 vtwin? I am not sure about that. but it does have new spark plugs, a clean air filter, and my friend says he removed the carburetor and cleaned it up well. any suggestions?

thanks
michael

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
are you saying it runs fine until you reach a specific point with the throttle? IE runs fine up to 1/2 throttle, then noses over and dies?

Not uncommon for a carb that has a plugged bleed or feed port.. if the bike has been sitting around a long time or had really bad gas run through it, you will usually find garbage stuck in the ports..

FIX: complete dis-assembly and cleaning (be aware some slides are coated and should not be cleaned with chemicals) I like a good soak in a commercial cleaner, you will probably have to do with spray can stuff..

Good high pressure air gun is a necessity.. you gotta make sure every single port is clean and clear.. (and without pulling some lead plugs, this can be impossible)

teamorion22

Registered
thanks a ton. I was not there when he removed and cleaned the carb but he probably didnt do it too well and I know he does not have a high pressure air gun. I do so I will go assist. we are supposed to ride to denver this friday so hopefully all goes well. My bike is tip top but his is a lil suspect. I hope we can still ride up there

thanks
michael

Latest Bikes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manxbusaracing