My First Track Day & Pictures...

BoricuaBusa33

Formerly "oneilldn"
Registered
So yesterday was my first track day.... the first few laps it was scarrryyyyyy....:nervous: but after that it was great....I can't believed the confidence that I got in just one track day.... I cant wait to go back....I'm hooked......haha... Pictures below were taking by my friend Ben with a BBBIIIGGG camera,,,,LOL

565816457_dsc_2486_1.jpg

565816528_dsc_2501_1.jpg

565816542_dsc_2656_1.jpg

565816684_dsc_2722_1.jpg

565816724_dsc_2796_1.jpg

565816830_dsc_2827_1.jpg

565816848_dsc_2852_1.jpg

565817002_dsc_2869_1.jpg

565817042_dsc_3143_1.jpg

Great!! So what track were you at and how much time did you get?

how did you do for endurance etc?

Great!! So what track were you at and how much time did you get?

how did you do for endurance etc?

I was in PIR (Portland International Raceway) in Oregon...The company is call PSSR (Pacific Super Sport Riders)... They run all day long from 9:00am to 4:00pm...Divided between 3 groups a, b, c (me, newbies)...20 min for each group each hour... so 7 times at 20 min each.... between sections you get a lot of one on one and some clasess.... all for $175...I was happy....:laugh:

I'll be back tomorrow again but with a diferent school....:thumbsup:

One of the things I loved the most was, no gravel, pot holes, deers, cars, debris, dogs, trafic, cats, people, tar snakes, etc....oh, and only one way traffic,,,:laugh:

Congrats!!! I know how you feel and I am also pretty hooked on this...

And you are not that far from TufBusa either... :laugh:

:bowdown::bowdown: I need to do this but I would not risk my Busa. I need a disposable bike like a Honda:laugh:

:bowdown::bowdown: I need to do this but I would not risk my Busa. I need a disposable bike like a Honda:laugh:

That was actually my biggest fear... my bike... but then a friend on mine (an instructor at the track) asked me: Your bike run more risk at the street or at the track??? Week after I was at the track....:laugh: Even tho, I was on group C (for newbies) there were still people passing me, but then, "i was riding in my comfort zone".... I Imagine will get better and better,,,:beerchug:

That was actually my biggest fear... my bike... but then a friend on mine (an instructor at the track) asked me: Your bike run more risk at the street or at the track??? Week after I was at the track....:laugh: Even tho, I was on group C (for newbies) there were still people passing me, but then, "i was riding in my comfort zone".... I Imagine will get better and better,,,:beerchug:
Gotta agree with that, much safer hauling the mail on the track and pretty unlikely you are going to stuff the bike under a car or truck.. Ride within your limits and I would bet you do not hurt anything but your ego.. :)

I also thought about using the Busa for this but it made good sense at the time to use it.. now I am having a ton of fun.. (and beating up on some supersport bikes in the process)

looks like fun!!! i'm thinking about doing a track day this summer. was concerned about overly aggressive riders (in the beginner group) pushing too hard and causing havoc/close calls. did you see any of that?

:cheerleader:Congrats m8:cheerleader:
it's heaps fun....ain't it !?!
I usually do the "afterburner" day at Phillip Island circuit (Aust.), the day after the Oz round of the World Super Bike race !!
First time nerves are perfectly normal, but once you get a few laps down it's "FUN city" all the way !!
you're right about those things you like about it (ie: no pot-holes or gravel or dogs or oncoming traffic, etc, etc).....which equates to more fun-time in the saddle and more serious "pushing it to the limits" style riding !
The thing I like about track day rides is that you learn SO MUCH about your bike and your own riding skills....and you definately improve on them as well !
But beware, they can be extremely addictive (my best riding buddy is a track day junkie, he does about 10-12 per year....)
btw, I guarantee you, after just a few more track days (AND a good set-up....tyres, suspension, brakes, etc), no other bikes will pass you down the straights :rulez: (well, maybe another 'busa?) and you'll be able to run with (most) other bikes in the turns as well !!
Keep it fun :thumbsup::beerchug::thumbsup:

Not really, I mean, I got passed by a lot of people....at first, it was kind of scary cuz you think you are goig really fast, but then you got someone that pass you flying next to you.....:whistle: also, but if is a good company/school, their instructor and track marshalls are always keeping an eye....if they see someone too fast or agressive they bump him to the next group up... or if is too crazy, they will kick him out quick,,,, they also have tight rules about "Passing", in this company and group C you could only pass one the Front straight in the morning, afternoon front straight and outside of the turns only....

(AND a good set-up....tyres, suspension, brakes, etc), no other bikes will pass you down the straights :rulez: (well, maybe another 'busa?) :

Hhaha... I remember my first lap, on the front straight I thought I was going really fast,,,, when a Yamaha FZ6 passed me flying.....:whistle: I was like, oh jesus, I got a lot to learn....:lol:

Last edited:
Hey glad you had fun,I got a bike i just worked on today that will be there tomorrow.he got a oil change and a starter cover from his last track episode...you guys be safe out there..He will be on a copper busa,his name is john scott.

Back