my first question?

mojoman

Registered
Hi all, great board.

I have a 99 silver and bronze (or copper) hayabusa. It has signs of age showing an i've tried to find the pens at color-rite but i cant be sure which codes are for what. Anybody done/ordered this before for both the silver and copper colours? What are the codes i use at colorrite for them?

Oh, and if you have any tips on actually using the pens that would be great too.. dont want to make it worse than before i started...

Sorry i dunno..maybe someone can help you..Gixx1300R can paint it for ya..he is awsome with a spraygun..

Hi all, great board.

I have a 99 silver and bronze (or copper) hayabusa. It has signs of age showing an i've tried to find the pens at color-rite but i cant be sure which codes are for what. Anybody done/ordered this before for both the silver and copper colours? What are the codes i use at colorrite for them?

Oh, and if you have any tips on actually using the pens that would be great too.. dont want to make it worse than before i started...
welcome to the board.

www.color-rite.com

thanks cache but i've been there and seen all the great stuff. my confusion is with what i should be ordering in the way of color codes... what is the colorrite code for the silver and for the bronze for the 99 bronze silver busa?

Mojoman, it is kind of confusing the way they have it listed.

1999-GSX1300RX-Hayabusa
 Factory Color Factory Code Color Rite Top Color Rite Base Comments
Primary Color:    M9T Combo  24K  Y7L    

Primary Color:    M9S Combo  Y4T  Y9K  

Their description seems a bit off like their colour shades. What I mean by that is that for my 2000, the Silver and Blue paint pens were 'off' in tone by just enough to send you singing when you dab it on. The Silver lacks the luster the stock has, is too dark and the Blue was right along with it.

You might want to call them for clarification on the colours and correct codes. 24K could well be the 'Copper', but what is the Silver? And what about the poor Black and Carbon Busas?

Crazy at it may seem, if you can get a painter to match for you, you will definitely be a lot happier.

crazy edit brought to you by www.brokencookie.com

Back