My First Podium

Racer 222

The rider formerly known as Howlin_Mad
Donating Member
Registered
Hello all to all the old timers who remember when I had a busa. I raced the Race of Champions at Daytona this year. This was my first time on this track and it is fast. I raced in Formula 40, HW Supersport, and HW Superbike. The formula 40 race was a rain race and I do mean rain. I broke one of my personal rules of racing and went to purchase rain tires. I end up battling my best friend for second which I didn't know at the time. He is quicker than I am plus give him the extra horse power that his 750 has and its really no contest. I see him ahead of me and I am trying to run him down and to my amazement I am. I pass him in the new international horse and he passes me right back when we exit. Let me tell you the being on that banking in the rain with the throttle pinned is incredible. I get by him going into the west horse shoe on the next lap and don't see him for a while. Last lap I am heading into the chicane and trying to keep the bike up right when I hear the familiar sound of a 750 closing on me. Nothing to do but pin it and hope for the best. My bud catches me exiting NASCAR 4 and leaves me going to the line. I had no idea what place I finished in until I was heading to the pits and was told to go to Tech. Didn't do quite as well in my other two races although I managed a 10th place in HW Superbike.

To all those that I have twisted a throttle with here I wanted to say thank you for helping me live my dream of racing. I will have a white plate next year and have to run with the big boys. Just like this year though it will be about just racing my friends for pit bragging rights.

Cheers All

Hey Marc
beerchug.gif

Congrats on your finish...gotta love the rain while your racing
wowold.gif

Sorry guys no pics on this one. I don't have much of a fan club. I am sure that if I did they wouldn't have been standing in the rain to take pictures of lil ole me..
smile.gif

Congrats Marc! Sounds like you had an awesome time out there!
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif
  Yeah Buddy!  Hows the family? Your son racing too?

- Kent
My not so little son has discovered baseball and has been playing year round down here since we moved to Florida. We all have dirt bikes now and get out at least once a week so the family is doing good.

Cheers

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Thanks Jester!! How are things going for you in Texas? Good to hear from you...

Life is good, the shop is pretty good and life is just getting beter every day.

Josh

Forever to be known as Howlin Mad! Marc how the hell are you.... Man I miss you here......

Forever to be known as Howlin Mad!   Marc how the hell are you.... Man I miss you here......
Capt,

I am doing fine!! I started off road riding so that the family could join the fun and it has been a hoot!! I will start showing my face more often. I tell you I hardly recognize this place. I do like what you have done with it though!!

Cheers

Back