My first install.. one question to start with :)

Last 16g i fitted would boost creep lots with a 6-7 psi spring
We ended up backing off the adjustment on the wastegate untill there was just about 0 preload on the flap and it still made 10 psi , and was slower to spool as it leaked lots out the wastegate set that way , this was a decompressed, intercooled bike , no wonder guys get caught out and kill motors with std compression
I think your EU octane is like our Aussie stuff and measured differently to the US,6 psi is pretty much the limit on std comp here with 95, 98 is a little better but its not as available .

Last 16g i fitted would boost creep lots with a 6-7 psi spring
We ended up backing off the adjustment on the wastegate untill there was just about 0 preload on the flap and it still made 10 psi , and was slower to spool as it leaked lots out the wastegate set that way , this was a decompressed, intercooled bike , no wonder guys get caught out and kill motors with std compression
I think your EU octane is like our Aussie stuff and measured differently to the US,6 psi is pretty much the limit on std comp here with 95, 98 is a little better but its not as available .

Mitsubishi turbos with internal "flapper" style wastegate valves need to be ported to offset boost creep. They are notorious for this, and its gets worse when you install a shootout pipe . . .

what about if I put on a pipe that will reach behind the footpegs? would that minimize the boost creep?

I believe its an Hahn's turbocharger, (16G) they claim that their Turbos are not prone to boost creep.. what's your take on that?

also.. does it matter which oil plug on the turbo is for the drain? mine has the flange on the bottom (drain) and a banjo bolt on top (oil in), I have seen some images that indicate that the banjo bolt is the drain...

what about if I put on a pipe that will reach behind the footpegs? would that minimize the boost creep?

I believe its an Hahn's turbocharger, (16G) they claim that their Turbos are not prone to boost creep.. what's your take on that?

also.. does it matter which oil plug on the turbo is for the drain? mine has the flange on the bottom (drain) and a banjo bolt on top (oil in), I have seen some images that indicate that the banjo bolt is the drain...

A full exhaust will indeed minimize the boost creep inherent in 16Gs with flapper (internal) gates. Hahn can make all the claims he wants - that setup IS prone to boost creep. You might want to keep in mind that he also claims that turbo will make 500 hp!

And yes, the two bolt "flange" style fitting is drain . . . it should be at 6 o'clock - straight down.

thanks Frank...
It's guys like you that keep these forums alive after the damn Facebook invasion !!!

well,, just a little update..
been busy in the garage, and everything is coming together..

few images

0.jpg

One of the bike from the track last summer...

1.jpg

anyone know what this on the above image is? is it for the boost gauge?

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

you could hook up your boost gauge there as long as you don't need to see vacuum, if your gauge is strictly boost then you can put it there, but if you need to see vacuum then you have to put it after the butterflies. I have mine hooked up on my plenum just because I don't care about vacuum and I don't have as many ports after the butterflies on my gen2 as the gen1 has. I think thats the only thing I have hooked up before the butterflies...I can't remember....could run that to the bottom side of your wastegate but usually you want to run it from the turbo itself if you have a port on the compressor side. (cold side).

Well, things are happening, Im trying to find a good place for the fuel pump, I have seen some put it on the right side inside the frame, but I was looking around and thought, why not put it where the image shows it in red? whats your take on this?

fuelpump2.jpg

I had mine in that general area (right above the case) but I kept hearing guys having vapor lock issues with the pump getting too hot. Although I never had this experience myself I just decided to stick it behind the subframe in front of the rear shock...just in case. it has to go a little forward as well pretty much touching the block if you want to put it there unless you take the stock float out of your tank and replace it with the flatter plate, that bowl under the tank that houses the stock fuel pump and float will get in the way. Its a tight fit, as is anything on a bike.

I just got the oil supply and oil return fittings for the turbo, I saw one thing, the nipple for the oil return has a very small hole, maybe 2-3mm wide, should I widen it? or would that drop the oil pressure?

the hose from the turbo to the oil pan is so big that this mini-hole is a bit out of style....

Oil return should be big all the way from the turbo to the sump if its gravity drain, as the oil is aerated and does not flow well
if you have a scavenge pump it is not as critical

Thats a supply flange, some turbos have a 2 bolt supply flange others have a tapered or parrallel thread
return will be a 1/2" or 13mm hole at least,

thanks guys... ill try to find the correct drain flange somewhere... :)

A Mitsubishi 16G or 20G uses a 2-bolt metal drain flange/tube . . . POWERHOUSE has them in stock, along with the proper gasket. If you can't find one locally, pm or email me on Tuesday, we will get one out your way . . .:whistle:

Last edited:
Back