my first day at kilkare drag strip

jch364

Registered
ok. I finally did it and went to the strip. God almighty what a blast it was. I truly sucked but thats ok. It was so much fun. all my runs were from 10.2 to 10.8 must have made 15 or 20 runs...lol. couldnt get enough.. Of course everyone beat me but thats ok. I was only competing with myself anyway.
I want to send out a Major thanks to Craig teeters at EPC for taking me to my first track day and for all the advice from him and his crew. And for the great work putting my alien head on. Craig took my girl down the track and got a 9.90 first pass. I thought that was wild. At least I know she will do it. Here are some of the pics.......................

Oh and met an org member on the way out. Screaminkanji, nice to run into you even if it was on the way out. ill be back next tuesday for more so look me up!!

july202009 075.jpg

like i said it was a lot of fun. Hoping to improve on the next tuesday. The first cpl of runs was kinda scary. dont think i took a single breath. got easier as the day went on. got used to my surrounding. I have come to truly understand how it is that the rider is everything. I was getting beat up alot from guys on litre bikes and smaller i think. I dont mind cause im sure i was the only newbie there. BUT I AM COMING FOR YOU RICKY BOBBY!!!!!:moon: anyway. good times.

Looks like you had a great time, after you get some more seat time against the tree, you can turn your monster out and let it loose:thumbsup:

I cannot wait to hit the track when I get home. It will be my first time and I am thinking Kil Kar might be the place to do it! I will hit you up when I get back home!

Just have fun! :beerchug:

There is a lot of room for improvement but it will come with time and practice. Don't forget a lot of those guys have been out there for YEARS!

Besides Kil-Kare sucks anyway... :laugh:

I really did have a good time. Im considering lowering the bike before i go out next Tuesday. havent decided yet. My only concern is that I do love knee dragging and im worried about lean angle limitations if i lower the bike.

If you have a stand, you can raise/lower the bike in 5-minutes. Just strap the front and you are good to go quick. Then raise her back up for the street... ;)

going out to kilkare this tues. if anyone is around come on out. ill have some pop/soda/coke/water and other beverages for the non riding associates..hmmmhmmm. :beerchug:

headed back out to kilkare today. will be there with the guys from EPC racing around 430 or so. looks to be a good day. come out and enjoy if you are in the area. i will have a cooler with drinks so come on out if anyone can. love to meet some org members. .... oh and on a side note. i plan on doing some video with one of those old fashion video cameras that take tapes. hi 8's i think ... i know huh??? ??? anyway. anyone know how to get it from the video camera to the computer? let me know. thanks.:thumbsup:

this time im hopefull maybe too much so but still hopeful to hit the 9's. gonna lower my tire pressure from 36psi from last time to 30psi this time and concentrate on shifting more consistently at the 10g range and quicker shifting. once i can get her in the 9 range i will consider getting her lowered. not stretched. just lowered. but that will likely be a winter mod if i do it. no matter what i want to keep it so that when i get the opportunity to go back to the dragon i can make the change back to stock height for knee dragging purposes. Since honestly there is no real place around here to do that I think lowering it for the track will be better use and more fun....

Just have fun! :beerchug:

There is a lot of room for improvement but it will come with time and practice. Don't forget a lot of those guys have been out there for YEARS!

Besides Kil-Kare sucks anyway... :laugh:

i dont have anything to compare to kilkare. never been anywhere else. how does it rate? good bad ...

Back