My First Date...with Ms.Busa

toastman

Registered
I finally had the opportunity to take her out(06 Busa LE). My first bike in 16 years...(FZ750 back then/raced). The weather co operated enough here last weekend, so off I went. I heard all the hype and stories of how fast the Busa was bla bla bla...I figured there is no way it could be like that...they would never be able to produce a street legal bike with that much power and sell it to the public!! Well my friends...was I wrong!! And I rarely admit that!!
Took it real tame for the first hour or so, being there is still sand on the roads from winter, and water aswell from melting snowbanks. Finally got out on the highway, nice and dry, no sand or water...no cages in sight!! Well big boy, lets see what ya got!! In third gear, rolled on the throttle half way...and it launched!! Through 4th...5th gears, and keeping it under 6000 rpm for break in purposes.Before I new it (about 8 seconds from what my failing memory could tell) I was doing 260 kmh!!!  Wholly sheeeeet...whoa boy, take a breath, ease off on the throttle...did this just happen? It was like I had travelled through time for a brief moment.
So all those stories ARE true...I have a DEEP respect for that machine!! It feels good to be a part of group that has the same passion as I...Thanks for reading...

Cheers,

Tony

ps What was your first impression when you cracked the throttle the first time?

(toastman @ Mar. 16 2007,21:09) ps What was your first impression when you cracked the throttle the first time?
AAAssjani.gif
OMG!!
eek2.gif
crazy.gif

And that was because i had just traded in my 2002 F4i that i was riding for 3 + years.... you think its amazing now and your taking it easy because of break in.... wait until you break it in and open it up!! You will time warp into the future!
super.gif
Welcome to the club!!
post-52-02136-welcome.gif

beerchug.gif
on the new ride

First time I really nailed her...it was OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH SSSSSHHHHIIIIAAAAYYYYTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

That's 4K the first 600 miles. Oh well. The first time I twisted my wrist, I wasn't thinking, pupils opened fully, veins constricted and moved away for the surface. I was in survival mode.

Oh, afterwards I was glad I had the hump on
laugh.gif

First ride is something you never forget! Mine was tame and I didn't rip it until the break-in period was over, but then it was on!
super.gif

(BA BUSA @ Mar. 16 2007,19:18)
beerchug.gif
on the new ride

First time I really nailed her...it was OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH  SSSSSHHHHIIIIAAAAYYYYTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
+1
ices_rofl.gif

That's pretty much it...thing is...it still happens everytime I nail it.

Glad you finally got to ride the beast. When I got my Busa I had a Ducati in the garage, and I thought it was pretty hot... But when I left the dealer on my 03 it was like OH MY GOD..... On my second Busa now and its stilll like OH MY GOD... I love my Busa...

I actually still have a crease in my seat from romping on it that first time after break in. Did the involuntary butt crunch on takeoff. Had to hold on with everything I had!
bowdown.gif

It was like I had travelled through time for a brief moment.

That really nailed it for me, it's frightenting and exilerating at the same time.

Oddly I am probably not the only one, but about the third time I ran it up, it was in first gear and I railed it. The wheel lifted a little (I was way forward on it) and I got tunnel vision...seriously. The walls of my vision started blacking in.

Love it... it still scares the hell out of me. I don't have to open her up often, to be caught railing first gear is to pay a 80 in a 35 ticket ... or more.

(toastman @ Mar. 16 2007,19:09) What was your first impression when you cracked the throttle the first time?
the first time i cracked the throttle the bike stood up in 2nd gear.......... as for my thoughts? Oh GOD, ill either live through this or i wont.

(BigBSBusa @ Mar. 17 2007,00:37) First ride is something you never forget!  Mine was tame and I didn't rip it until the break-in period was over, but then it was on!  
super.gif
+1

(RCKTMAN @ Mar. 16 2007,22:21)
(toastman @ Mar. 16 2007,19:09) What was your first impression when you cracked the throttle the first time?
the first time i cracked the throttle the bike stood up in 2nd gear.......... as for my thoughts? Oh GOD, ill either live through this or i wont.
Lamb was just talking about this the other day! The first time the throttle was full open, lamb coming off a ninja 900 '85, his left hand left the handlebar, unvoluntarily. Needless to say the throtle continued to stay twisted because right hand was the only thing holding me on. It seemed like an eternity and another zip code until the left hand made it back onto the bars. Seriously, lamb was lucky to hold on and it took him a month to figure out how to stay near the bars on full acceleration.
Welcome to the club! Enjoy, and grin ear to ear every time you ride. lamb does!!!!!

Congrats for getting back to riding . Glad you survived after those days of the 16 inch front
beerchug.gif

My Son rides the liter bikes . He called my stock Busa the locomotive / built Busa a bullet train . Deceivingly fast so be carefull .

COngrats on the new bike, I also have 06 LE she is sexy,
Good luck, I had an 01 busa before the 06...
If you wer impressed with its performance under 6K rpm... WHoa Boy you better hold on tight because shes an animal up top......
Congrats, good luck, and be safe...
beerchug.gif

"ps What was your first impression when you cracked the throttle the first time?"

I've finally met my match with a throttle that demands my respect.

Nine months - 15k miles later, my Busa is still everything I want. Get off work - full gear - 1 hour ride home on country roads- OH YEAH!
I love the "full package" the Busa brings with it. If I need more throttle or handling ability than a Busa has, then I should be on a track somewhere and probably need a track bike.

FYI - I've never been on a track bike, so do not know how they would work on the street. But if it's anything like running a drag car on the street..... it's a PITA. No amenities whatsoever - just bare bones performance and a lot of stuff breaking.
race.gif

Welcome!!!

I did my homework before I brought it home. I'd been lurking on this site for 6 months, heard all the horror stories and heeded all the warnings, been told to re-think my decision a million times... I'd been on a Low Rider for 4 years when I bought the 'busa. Talk about culture shock... But I knew what was underneath me and I decided long before I actualy climbed on that I would respect it. I didn't want to be a statistic or set a bad example and I've been taking it easy. Due to life's everyday responsibilities, I've only been able to put 1500 miles on it so far but I plan on having it forever so I'm in no hurry right now. This bike teaches me something every time I ride it and even though it wants more in every single gear, I know I'm not bulletproof. I plan on getting a track day or two into my schedule so the right folks can show me the right way to ride a bike like this. Life is good right now - I don't want to mess up a good thing!

I give the bike a sphincter factor of 11!

honestly when I took mine out and grabbed a right handful in 2nd , my ass hit the hump, the bike took off and a smile crept across my face..When I got home I cleaned her off and lifted the gas tank..I knew the Flux capacitor (think of the movie Back to the Future) had to be in there somewhere..lol

This bike truly is a zip code accelerator...pick a spot as far ahead as you can see and you can be there before you finish counting to 5.

(BusaFan00 @ Mar. 17 2007,00
zzwhip.gif
) I actually still have a crease in my seat from romping on it that first time after break in.  Did the involuntary butt crunch on takeoff.  Had to hold on with everything I had!    
bowdown.gif
That is pretty much right on! A lot different than the FZ huh?

Rode a lot of second hand machines. Never bought a new motorcyle. Enduros to Harley. Finally bought a brand new 05 busa. Liked the way it felt sitting on it. Heard the scarry speed and power stories. Old enough to appreciate true power and BOY does this one have it. Love it. Best buy I ever made.

Enjoy the ride! Keep your head on your shoulders when you ride. Seeing too many guys going down in a moment of not thinking about where they are when they open the throttle. Can't enjoy the ride if one of you is broke or bent.
cool.gif

Back