My first Busa wheelie! =)

AZTECWARRIOR

Registered
I was coming off a light in first & been playing with da run line for a while now being da end of my second season so anyway I ripped da throttle to da red line then hit da clutch & switched up then ripped da throttle again to see how fast I could red line & my baby's nose started to come up about about a foot & a half or so & so I eased the throttle back like my adrealine wasnt flowing enough so it came down smooth. I though my heart was gonna burst out of my chest so I slowed down to gather myself like dang like I aint having enough fun on this bike I had to do this & brought my riding to a new level. Hot dang I'm still gonna take 'er easy I thought I wanted a crusier again but Im gonna hang on to this bike for at least another season.

Next time I should at least have my foot hovering over my rear brake, right? And NEVER squeeze da clutch in that situation right? No engine braking means 12 o clock bye bye, right?
guns.gif

Happened to me once... there was a bit more then a 'kick' in my pants, once I set 'er down, though!
laugh.gif

yep...foot should be covering rear, you should also be ready to tap the front brakes as well (temporary shift in wheel inertia).

Also pay very close attention to the throttle. If it's gettin too high, chop it.

As for the clutch, I would think that as long as you don't hit the balance point first, a quick disengagement and then engagement of the clutch should also help bringin that nose down.

I'm not too sure, but I think that the clutch will also suffer some damage if you release it at the wrong time (e.g. right when you hit the ground). Don't quote me on that, but I seem to remember that from somewhere.

Anyone able to help me out?

I have done it myself and what a rush!!!! I did, however, put it down hard and hit my helmet on the windshield. Not something you want to do!!!! It will be fun to work on it!!!!

tHANKS bros & sistas i had 2 share w/ folks who knew. Yup my foot is gonna cover that rear brake...no balance stunts 4 me but tappin' that front brake makes sense. Just think I wanted to trade her in 4 a big ole Road Star or soft tail...not now i'll wait until im old enough to lay back. Plus this bike feel more competent w/ handling, braking, swerving, acceleration & does not shake a bit & looks menacing. The Harley guys know they cant touch this bike...so do da cagers in them ‘vettes. This bike has now showed me her red line, she gonna stay a while more! However nothing but respect for her & U all, take care - Mike ; )

Sit back in the seat or when you come down hard you'll find out what a tankpad doesn't stop. You shouldn't come down hard , but just in case, it hurts:blush:

Back