My First 2000 Miles!

s3ns4i

Registered
View media item 101794
Well guys I have done it. A few days ago I reached my first 2000 miles both in my bike riding life and on my busa. This came pretty quick as I have only really had the bike in my possession for what seems like 3 weeks total. I am by means no expert and continue to learn everyday.. To those new riders here are the things I have learned so far

Ninjaz 10 things he has learned

1) Take the riding course and read the book
2) Throttle control and counter-steering!
3) Get a helmet that fits
4) The gas gauge lies.. 100 miles and its still on F next 100 miles you're on E
5) Give no fucks what others say and keep your gear on
6) I hate bugs..especially after a damn bike wash and cleaning of helmet
7) This bike will become your new addiction
8) Make sure bike handle bars are ALL the way to the left to lock ignition
9) Every car is out to kill you
10) Bikers are some really nice people

Well guys this is all i have for my first 2k miles. Thanks everyone for their help and tips.. hopefully this post will help new riders. Thanks to everyone and ride safe

Ninja

+1 on the fuel gauge 1/2 tank really means a 1/4 , when that fuel light comes on theres not a lot left,2 mile push to fuel station talt me that lesson

+1 on the fuel gauge 1/2 tank really means a 1/4 , when that fuel light comes on theres not a lot left,2 mile push to fuel station talt me that lesson

gets me every time.. im like what da hell happened between the last 30 miles.. through there was a hole in my tank

I would add tire Pressure, oil level and chain adjustment to this list. And to your point #6 I would recommend Lemon Pledge! :beerchug:

Good points.. I've been having the dealer check oil level since the bike is so new.. i guess i need to learn how to do that myself! Thanks for the thought

the wife wanted me to add #11

"turn the turn signal blinker off after making a turn"

i forget ALL the time

Ninja

I believe you can ride across the entire state of Arkansas with the low fuel light on. Seems like I have done that with Cap.

Good video,the only thing I would add is I run the bike for 2 min then switch off check after 3 mins as per handbook ( I think it's due to oil running through oil cooler) + when you do an oil change the book says 3300ml , it's more like 3800ml

I believe you can ride across the entire state of Arkansas with the low fuel light on. Seems like I have done that with Cap.
This is why I carry a length of either 650 paracord or a length of 1" tubular nylon webbing (actually both) in my tool kit. Have had to tow a buddy the last few miles to a gas station more than once in my life!:D

This is why I carry a length of either 650 paracord or a length of 1" tubular nylon webbing (actually both) in my tool kit. Have had to tow a buddy the last few miles to a gas station more than once in my life!:D

LOL, we had a plan, several of them in fact. We laughed about that over and over.

I find the safest way to check oil at home is by sitting on the bike and using a mirror on a stick. Alternatively, place a mirror on garage wall in appropriate place. Out and about, ask someone to do it whilst you sit on the bike. Just my way.

Back