My Fellow Org'sters, Old And New

MC MUSTANG

Peace Keeper or Ban Hammer-it's up to you; IDMBT#9
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
I was just sitting here think about the past meet and greets that I have attended since I have been a member here - (joined in '03). When I think of the people that I can count on most in this world, I met about 95% of them here on this board. cAp has given us a place to hang our hats, coordinate meet ups, exchange ideas, parts and even bikes...
1. I have moved seven bikes between myself and members here.
2. Members have picked three bikes up from dealers for me.
3. Members have picked me up out of the road once and helped me get my bike off a trailer after a spill on the track.
4. Members traveled from all over the U.S. to visit me for my retirement from the Marine Corps.
5. When my first marriage failed, members dropped what they were doing to come to my house and help me clean it and move.
6. I have never traveled within 50 miles of a fellow oRg member and needed a place to stay.
7. I have shown up unannounced at members homes just to watch tv.
8. There were oRg members at my wedding.
9. Members have randomly sent me parts, for me and to be sent to others.

Bottom line for me is this - there is a lot of info on the board, many videos and pics. But, if you miss out on meeting the people here- you may be truly missing out on life long friendships! So, if there are members in your area, go and meet them. Talk bikes, work on them together, enjoy a ride... if there is a meet and greet, go! The best and most true value on this board is in the people here - many of you know what I mean - but if you don't, or you haven't met anyone yet - don't pass up the opportunity - don't miss out on what really makes this place great: ALL OF YOU!

Semper Fi!
MCM

Great post my friend. Very true indeed. I miss those trips with my friends to see other friends to meet new friends.

texas is rather large can we get threads on houston austin dallas/fw for texas im sure cali would like that too. maybe even FL.

texas is rather large can we get threads on houston austin dallas/fw for texas im sure cali would like that too. maybe even FL.

If you look at the top of the page on the left hand side, there is a "Forums" button, click that and scroll down to "Other Forums"; there is a geographic riding areas section. Also, if you keep scrolling down, you will see "Special Topic Forums" and a section called oRg members rides and meets.

I hope that helps...

I couldn't have said it any better. When I lived in Georgia I drove to CA twice to ride with members of the board and flew out there a couple of time just to a bike show and hang out. This place has been a home away from home for many years.

Back