My experience on road tuning my turbo gen1

ok found it.
In EE2 (EcuEditor 2), open a fuel map and press "3" in order to see and edit the "low" idle map.
It only works the first time after you press the "Edit Fuel Map(s)" key and the TPS map is presented, after that if you choose another map to edit like the IAT map it won't work again and you will have to close all maps and press the "Edit Fuel Map(s)" key again.
Chris

Just to let you all know that i managed to tune the low rpm area up to 5000 rpm and the bike now don't want to stay on two wheels :laugh:
It like i got a new bike...
I also came to the conclusion that rpm/tps tuning for low rpm looks better than vacuum/rpm tuning but i will know for sure after at least a week of testing my new maps.
Finally i want to thank you all for your valuable help, great site with good people in here...
Chris

Just to let everyone here that i finally managed to perfectly tune my bike up to 11k RPM.
It was painfull and lengthy but now my bike runs perfectly.
All the tuning was done using the ecu editor software and all PCV maps were all set to 0 (inactive).
Btw after the tuning process i also installed the Dynojet Autotune as a cheap insurance fo any mistake i might have made
but in the trim table (RPM vs PRESSURE) the biggest change is a 5 which shows me that everything is fine.
The autotune unit is set for RPM vs PRESSURE(Boost) tuning and not the default RPM vs TPS tuning table something that i think makes it work so much better.
Of course, for anyone that might be reading this, the autotune is not fast enough for a turbo as it needs many hundreds of rpm to adjust the injectors and within those 200-500 or more rpm, the engine might get damaged.
What i did is to start very very rich above 5000 rpm and then lean progressively (by using the AEM failsafe gauge's log as a reference)
until i got to the desired 12.5 (up to 6000 rpm) to 11.8@ AFR from 6000 and above rpm.
Chris

BTW i forgot to say in my previous post (see post #25) that road tuning is both expensive and dangerous.
I don't know how much money i spent for premium 100 octane fuel, not to mention the odd hours i had to go out for tuning in order to avoid loosing my driver's license.
As a final note i can assure you that going with 200 miles/hour while looking at the AFR gauge at night or just before dawn is not very healthy...
Chris

BTW i forgot to say in my previous post (see post #25) that road tuning is both expensive and dangerous.

As a final note i can assure you that going with 200 miles/hour while looking at the AFR gauge at night or just before dawn is not very healthy...
Chris

New name for ya STEELBALLS

Back