My evil gremlin has been found

Charlesbusa

Used to be a SoCal Busa
Donating Member
Registered
Thanks Owen for recommending the mechanic!!  Not only did he slove the problem but his price was very fair!

Thanks Rich for having to listen to my Busa's woes.  This one was a one little evil gremlin  
tounge.gif

A big FU#$ YOU to the dealership.  I took it to them when the FI light came on(now that I know how to get my own error codes with a paper clip the dealership won't have that over my head) and they adjusted the TPS way out of adjustment to cover-up the hard starting problem, $100 out the window
mad.gif

The gremlin...  What the mechanic called the check valve and the plastic clip that attaches it fell off the fuel pump assy.  Owen's mechanic found the little elbow and the plastic clip rattling around loose in the fuel tank!!

So if your bike is hard to start and won't idle properly and you've tried all the easy things. Check fuel pressure at idle. Its supposed to be 40psi, mine was 7psi. Weird thing was once you reved it past idle, the bike ran fine. It was strictly an idle and starting problem.

For $210 Owen's mechanic diagnosed the bike, changed spark plugs, cleaned the air filter, synched the throttle bodies(they were way off also), removed fuel pump, and assembled/installed fuel pump.

Bike runs great now and I'm looking forward to Oct 27th!!  My next trackday  
biggrin.gif

pump_assy_model_k1_k2_k3.jpg

cool.gif

what were the syptoms. I guess I missed the post. Will be good to remember in the future if my brain holds out.

runeight

It's about friggin time ya got that thing to run...I was tired of waiting up for you
on every ride
tounge.gif

Rich

(BA BUSA @ Sep. 09 2006,18:52) It's about friggin time ya got that thing to run...I was tired of waiting up for you
on every ride
tounge.gif

Rich
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

That's not how I remembered it!!

Do you still have Jubilee Pass dirt on your Busa??
tounge.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

tounge.gif

(Charlesbusa @ Sep. 09 2006,18:55)
(BA BUSA @ Sep. 09 2006,18:52) It's about friggin time ya got that thing to run...I was tired of waiting up for you
on every ride
tounge.gif

Rich
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

That's not how I remembered it!!

Do you still have Jubilee Pass dirt on your Busa??    
tounge.gif
No dirt....do still have a bit of gravel in there
tounge.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

Assuming that's the assembly that mounts on the bottom (inside) the tank, right?

Glad you got that fixed.

--Wag--

So how to get the code with the paperclip? Or any other way for that matter? My 05 Busa has an FI light coming on and I need to find out the code so I can chase it down.
Thanks

Glad you finally got it fixed Charlesbusa!! Been a while!

(BIGSMOOTHH @ Oct. 07 2006,10:57) So how to get the code with the paperclip?  Or any other way for that matter?  My 05 Busa has an FI light coming on and I need to find out the code so I can chase it down.
Thanks
There's a plug that has 2 wires coming out of the CPU. It should be capped. Uncap it and stick the paper clip in the plug. Its a four holed plug but only has two wires connected. So obviously stick the paper clip in holes that the wires are connected to. Basically your paperclip is a jumper.

Then your clock display will be replaced with a horizontal line, which should be in the center position, and a code. The service manual defines the codes.

(psycobusa @ Sep. 09 2006,20:15) how do you figure that fell off? must of hit a big pothole of something without much fuel in the tank  
rock.gif
I bought the pump used from a member, so there are some possibilities.

1)It got jolted in shipping and loosened it up a little. Not enough to fall off, but enough to get knocked off after riding around for a month.

2)It got loosened up during install. Its a tight clearance and its easy to rub it against the side of the hole.

Good news is that it hasn't fallen off again, the bike is still 100%!!
biggrin.gif

(heavybusa @ Sep. 09 2006,21:20) good ? is this a normal thing
rock.gif
Nope, I'd say this is happens rarely.

Probably why it was soo hard to figure out.

(Wag @ Sep. 09 2006,21:56) Assuming that's the assembly that mounts on the bottom (inside) the tank, right?
Yup, its inside the gas tank.

They were just rattling around in there...

Back