My Engine Build - nothing special

mountainmotor

Donating Member
Registered
Here's what I'm doing with my 05 Busa and why .

Yoshimura Stage 1 cams

Yoshimura RS3 race core full system and PCIII USB .

I wanted to just stick the cams in an go . Back in the 80's the Yosh cams did well is both the Zuki GS 2 and 4 valve motors when dropped in w/o degreeing but with the cost of dyno time I thought it better to degree these guys in .

I like how the header seals at the head better than some out there plus it's a street bike . If that Yosh pipe makes less power than the million dollar pipes I'll put 0w-20 oil in the motor before dynoing to get another 3-4hp ...just for bragging rights
biggrin.gif

I kinda wanted the free horsepower from doing some porting and to replace the base gasket with a thinner Cometic in an effort to tighten the quench up a little but man ...

Nearly every new bike I've ever bought I have tore into it and modded . I'm getting older , tired of the work and just want to ride but with a bit more zip than stock . This will have to suffice until the bike nears 3 years old and or 15k miles then I'll go into the motor a little deeper .

I've not seen actual HP numbers with this pipe and cam set although I'm sure someone is running same .

Whatcha think ... will it get out of it's own way built like this ?

i think that sounds like a nice combo,i dont have any personel exp. with the yosh cams but from what i have read they will add a few ponys and are easy on the valvetrain,i do have the yosh pipe,and no it isnt the biggest hp maker,but when i factored in everything i wanted it was a good choice,i didnt like all the advertising on the can,but a little steel wool and polish took care of that

Back