My EDC knife was dirty...

With regards to Germany I'm not sure if I would call it a gun culture. But when my dad's unit arrived in Germany near the end of the 2nd world war, the civilians were instructed to surrender all weapons to their camp. Apprently it was quite a large pile :) I think a lot of the difference between Canada and the USA is our history. Not all but many early settlers fled Europe to the US for various reasons. Where as many but not all Canadian pioneers came by choice. We negotiated our original independence. The USA fought for theirs. These things have a way of being ingrained into a culture.
The whole country at that time was embroiled in war so a collection of weapons was to be expected. Weapons collected were primarily shotguns and bolt action rifles designed for hunting.
Much like when we were in Bosnia and were confiscating weapons, we found weapons of all makes and models from MP-40s, MG-39s, to Thompsons, Uzis and everything in between.
When a country is at war, all bets are off, one must look at the peace-time status of the country in question. Germany definitely did not pose as a gun culture before or after the wars fought, only during.

The US were fighting occupation of British troops as they did not accept colonization. The main difference is we (Canada) did, if we did not, we would have been very similar to the US (or part of them). The war of 1812 was fought between the US and British as Canada was not a formed independent country at that time as wasn't until 1867.

Sad thing is, the US isnt even in the top 20 for the most murders, statistically speaking anyways. At least not in the last two pages I looked at yesterday.

lies damn lies and statistics :). most of Canadas gun issues are criminally related Yer in an effort to be seen to be doing something our gooberment passes more laws to make gun ownership more restrictive Which of course will be followed only by the law abiding amoung us. I am torn about the differences in ownership issues between Us and our neighbours to the south On the one hand we do not have the defend yourself ability they do However we do not quite have the major shootings by civilians that have so sadly and recently plagued their society. From the criminal element we are on par in that we both have that problem. I do not have the answers. but I do seek them and with the elections coming up both municipally and federally maybe something can be done to find a reasonable
balance. I am not holding my breath
breath

lies damn lies and statistics :). most of Canadas gun issues are criminally related Yer in an effort to be seen to be doing something our gooberment passes more laws to make gun ownership more restrictive Which of course will be followed only by the law abiding amoung us. I am torn about the differences in ownership issues between Us and our neighbours to the south On the one hand we do not have the defend yourself ability they do However we do not quite have the major shootings by civilians that have so sadly and recently plagued their society. From the criminal element we are on par in that we both have that problem. I do not have the answers. but I do seek them and with the elections coming up both municipally and federally maybe something can be done to find a reasonable
balance. I am not holding my breath
breath
Oddly enough Toronto has had more gun related deaths this year than in many other years...Guns are out there and bad guys have them.

I had the same gun. It was very hard to hit a target at 10 yards because it was so short with such a large caliber round.
Change out the factory sites spend the $100 for night sites that aren't wonky you can get on target with quickly & you have better odds if confrontation occurs at night. Your life is worth that investment i have the mod2 & u are right about intent of gun but range is extended with site upgrade. Will take pic

We can own crossbows, I don't have one but my brother has-good ones are expensive.

I was trained in all martial arts weapons, my training was combat style Jujitsu-offensive and defensive and I kick-boxed for many years.

Like Johnnie said, we can't own nunchucks and if you had a sword strapped to you that is illegal as they are beyond the legal length for a knife-even machetes are not allowed unless you are in the bush working.

I have a tonfa in my bedroom along with a good old fashion Louisville slugger and a very powerful flashlight set on strobe.If someone unwanted comes in my house, I am prepared.
Would be perfectly legal to keep axe handles around & they are more aerodynamic just saying.

Did they change the criminal code? It's been a while since I read it. But last time I did, I did not see a maximum length on edged weapons. I shall have to get a new one I guess and read up. As for taking it down the street. I would imagine you would get Weapons dangerous to the public peace just for starters :(
Rule of thumb is anything over 4 fingers long(4") is illegal to carry/ have in public but not illegal to own. That is why Officers will determine an individual's knife length by the width of their 4 fingers compared to a blade. Quick rough estimate on the street if a little over they generally send the person on there way.

Wish I could say the same for my conceal carry, as far as tight groups go, but not the case. It’s a Springfield XDs in .45 that’s super easy to conceal with its 1in thickness and 3.3in in length and snug in a N82 IWB holster that super comfortable. I guess you are not trying to hit a target at the other end of the Walmart store, so should be ok for up close encounters. Hopefully I’ll never have to find out.
Pic of night sites

20190217_182418.jpg

20190217_182658.jpg

20190217_182702.jpg

I thought about a new trigger for my 19X but not sure on which one I want. I'm getting my Ruger Precision cerakoted at the moment so Glock parts have to wait.