My dad just got  home from 12,000 ride

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
My dad took off about 4 weeks ago on his Goldwing with a 6 foot custom Honda trailer to tour the country. He went to Lukenbak (spelling) Tx. then went up the East coast through the flooding. From there he went followed the Canadian border to the pacific coast. He went from Washington all the way down to the most southern tip of Ca. He followed the Mexico border and ended back up in Texas... He went 12k miles and he pulled in the drive last night. I went to visit with him and the first thing he did was to throw me a t shirt (still daddy's lil boy) that was from deals gap... He said he kept seeing all the bikes and riders wearing shirts that said I rode the gap, he wants one that says " I rode the gap pulling a trailer....." He said he watched the sportbikes come through with the knee pads scraping and he was impressed with the skills and speed at which they came through the curves.

You never know some of you might have been on the gap with my dad!!

Cap

That's what I call a super trooper.  Sounds like one heck of a ride and one that I would like to do someday.  A couple of guys I work with are leaving next week for a Louisiana to Vegas to California to Canada then back home trip.

<!--EDIT|SoBad
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148612277 -->

He was averaging 3000 miles per week. Your dad should receive an "Iron-Ass" award for that feat. Although I don't know how you can have an iron a$$ on a GoldWing...
laugh.gif
wink.gif

Sweeet...daddy-O's still poundin out the miles!

Give 'em a thumbs up for me, Cappy!

Now were talking.... Thats one of the trips I have planned before I turn fifty! Ok, admittedly sometime off but congrats on the sucessfull trip. And to top it off the Dragon while pulling a trailer
smile.gif

Thumbs up to your dad. Tell him if he ever wants a riding partner, I'm in with him. Pick me up here in good old New York State!

Awesome.... and that is why my next bike will be a Wing!

I did 8k in 10 days on my old ST1100 in '99, SF, CA to Ft. Meyers, FL and back. Did the rim of the Grand Canyon, Roswell, and the VLA.

The best on the Busa so far is 600 in 2 days.

Good on yer Dad for it!

Wonder if killboy got a shot of him?  
cool.gif

That's awesome!
Cap,  

See what date he was at the Gap and check killboy's store to see if they shot that day.
Oh man I completely forgot about that.... I would absolutely love to get a pic of that....... How do I check?
rock.gif
That must have been great.  Now we just need to get you there.  
find out what date he was there and look for him here.
http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?storefront?b=1&c=04RK

http://www.killboy.com/ is their website

<!--EDIT|jwcfbd
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148658103 -->

Back