My custom softail finally done and back

justintime2

What's your story?
Donating Member
Registered
After a low side wreck last year at Sturgis, my 99' Simms custom one-off softail is finally done and back together. This camera sucks so sorry about the picture quality. Any of you down in Cali maybe familiar with Simms work and the paint was done by his artist HORST. 6 pics in all.

<!--EDIT|justintime2
Reason for Edit: None given...|1089050902 -->

Sarah___Dad___The_game___6_05_2004_026.JPG

Very very nice ... I like your bike and all of the chrome and I love that custom paint job!!

Bro the bike is tight as hell...If I had a cruiser it would look like that...
evil.gif

Excellent with wicked paint...! Congrats.

<!--EDIT|WarBaby
Reason for Edit: None given...|1089008642 -->

Looks great justintime. I'll do like you do and not post words and just
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
tounge.gif

Brian

bowdown.gif

Thanks for all the compliments guys! There is nobody better when it comes to skulls and flames than HORST. It is hard to see due to the camera and the photo's but there is so much metal flake in the flames that they actually glow. The performance difference between the two bikes is amazing. The simms has more HP and TQ than the Busa, but it is meant to go straight and look cool as hell only, what an ego trip to ride this thing. 100ci. with lots of cam!

And Brian, I am to busy to type alot so the emoticons work well for me to say that I have read the topic and this is how I feel. However when you see a post where I start typing, it usually means that the emoticon just doesn't cut it for that.

A few more pics if your interested.
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|justintime2
Reason for Edit: None given...|1089050822 -->

Sarah___Dad___The_game___6_05_2004_027.JPG

The bullet holes he painted look like you could stick your finger right into it. The metal even has the stress rings painted where the metal would have folded back.

<!--EDIT|justintime2
Reason for Edit: None given...|1089050371 -->

Sarah___Dad___The_game___6_05_2004_038.JPG

There goes the neighborhood

<!--EDIT|justintime2
Reason for Edit: None given...|1089050420 -->

Sarah___Dad___The_game___6_05_2004_037.JPG

Even though the skull and the gun wrap around the tank they both stay straight and look like they go right back into the paint, no matter what angle you look at it from. The geometry needed to paint something like that is unreal.

You can also see the "LOST BOYS" and a little of the flames stitched into the Corbin saddle.

<!--EDIT|justintime2
Reason for Edit: None given...|1089050661 -->

Sarah___Dad___The_game___6_05_2004_039.JPG

JT.....that's flat out sweet......Simms does awesome work.....what'cha runnin for power? Is that a Revtek 100 incher?

Back