My current fun project

Postal

Donating Member
Registered
I'm tearing apart a 1992 Kaw 600R Ninja, freshening it up, making sure it is safe, then rebuilding it as a street fighter (light... he he). I'm going to sell it when I am done, should make someone a nice starter bike.

P.

600_1.jpg

600_2.jpg

600_3.jpg

Honestly, I'm jealous. I want a project so bad. Stationed here in Italy we can only have 3 vehicles (wifes car, my car, my busa). All vehicles whether they're torn down or not have to be registered. It's BS. Enjoy it man. I hate not having something to wrench on.

Honestly, I'm jealous. I want a project so bad. Stationed here in Italy we can only have 3 vehicles (wifes car, my car, my busa). All vehicles whether they're torn down or not have to be registered. It's BS. Enjoy it man. I hate not having something to wrench on.

How does that work? 3 vehicles per household? What if you have 5 kids and they 3 of them have vehicle plus you and your wife each have one?

Is it a over crowding issue?

that was my exact first bike! i bought it in 1997 with 21,000 miles on it. it was in very nice shape with a youshimura 4 into 2 into 1 exhaust. still one of my favorite sounding bikes today. be carefull with her as i and one other friend that had the exact same bike had a washer that splits gears 1-2-3 and 4-5-6 apart split. this meant that you had either 1-2-3 or 4-5-6. its very hard to drive in town starting in 4th gear. i limped it home and it cost me like $3 for parts and $520 for labor.

i rode the hell out of that bike. hell i even split a hay bail in half with it. some stupid farmer in front of me dropped one off of a truck at night and i hit it. got really lucky as i just dirt biked it...leaned back and floored it. worked out great except for all the hay wedged around the engine and out of every part of plastic. damage was minimul but it took awhile to clean up. it truely was a fun and comfortable bike to ride. looking back, i wish i never would have sold it. :(

Still tearing it down. I'm doing some cool mods to all the plastic which will eliminate a lot of it. It will be a stripped down street fighter and hopefully a lot of fun to ride. The tranny is okay, so I am only going to freshen up the top end. I'll have to take the carbs apart and clean them, it had some hessitation. Oh well, it's just a fun project for now.

:thumbsup:

im tellin ya that bike sounds phenominal with the yosh full pipe if you put one on. just sayin. good luck on the project. it sounds like alot of fun. i myself am fixing to do the trunk mod and electric cruise control on my current k8 busa.

it was on it when i bought it. could be hard to come by since the bike is nearly 20 years old...cant believe i just said that

I'm tearing apart a 1992 Kaw 600R Ninja, freshening it up, making sure it is safe, then rebuilding it as a street fighter (light... he he). I'm going to sell it when I am done, should make someone a nice starter bike.

P.

That hooter sticker is nice.

How does that work? 3 vehicles per household? What if you have 5 kids and they 3 of them have vehicle plus you and your wife each have one?

Is it a over crowding issue?

If that's the case, your just screwed. It's not overcrowding, they don't want people abandoning their vehicles here when they leave so they all must be accounted for via registration. If I had a teenager that needed a car for work or school I would have to loose my car. I sure as heck aint loosing the Busa.

Very cool Postal...How long has it been since posting here..Thought about ya.. have fun with the project.

Good opportunity for a custom job!

Yep. I am studying the stock header right now to see what I can do. I'm not sure if I can turn this one into a 4-2-1 because of the stock diameter of the header tubes (too small). I was thinking if I open it up past the collector to a bigger diameter tube, then open up one of the stock cans it will work. That should eliminate too much back pressure. Thoughts?

Will you have any complete body work you might sell to a friend of mine?? I'll check back tommorrow.. thnx

It's down to bare bones now. I've inventoried everything I need to do to it to make it safe, and I've started the rework. The carbs are out to GMbusa (Paul) who is rebuilding them for me. I'm busy doing a ton of other things, cleaning, sanding, cutting, painting, ordering some new stuff, etc. I think this will be a pretty cool starter bike for someone when I get it done. I will try and post up some pictures of the carnage.

Will you have any complete body work you might sell to a friend of mine?? I'll check back tommorrow.. thnx

I have some pieces that I am not using such as the tail section, lower front fairing (the scoop), padded side panels on the tank, side panels under the seat. Just let me know.

Back