my clutch fluid as gone cloudy

woz booth

Registered
i have reached 7000 miles everything serviced and on top of everything but i have noticed my clutch fluid level well , has gone cloudy wot shud i do :poke:::

Change that fluid out! Easy job for sure. Some of the most neglected things on a bike are clutch fluid and fork oil...

i have reached 7000 miles everything serviced and on top of everything but i have noticed my clutch fluid level well , has gone cloudy wot shud i do :poke:::

Change the fluid... ???

I mean you could just rub a magic lamp and ask the genie...

If it was me i would stick my finger under the front sprocket cover,to see how dirty the slave cyclinder is inside..stick your finger on the inside of it ..if its dirty then it will not do u any good to change the fluid only,it will just get dirty again with dirt or grease in it...u can easily take the front sprocket cover off and clean the inside of the slave cyclinder...

If it was me i would stick my finger under the front sprocket cover,to see how dirty the slave cyclinder is inside..stick your finger on the inside of it ..if its dirty then it will not do u any good to change the fluid only,it will just get dirty again with dirt or grease in it...u can easily take the front sprocket cover off and clean the inside of the slave cyclinder...
+1 bingo! i fell for that trick twice. you have to pull the plastic and scrub up that push rod. that sucker was loaded with rust and grime when i took a peek at it. i was getting a little cloudy and black residue in the sight glass shortly after a solid flush. :thumbsup:

You can flush it in 5 min and be done with it at a minimum. Don't even need to remove the body panel.

Back