My Busa with a GSXR 1000 Tail Mod

I ordered the parts to remove the stretch this past week will have the stretch removed next weekend

Here's a dirty pic of the busa shortened to stock wheelbase

busa without stretch.jpg

I am not a stretched guy but it looked better long. Looks good both ways:thumbsup:

The ride is better short in the turns. like you i like it stretch and short wheel base looks good as well. went to a 41 gear and she doesnt wheelie as easily with a short wheel base. gas mileage is a little better. getting a long awaited dyno and fork seals and shes ready to ride.

the front is lowered which also adds to how fat she looks. dyno fork seals and a suspension adjustment which should change the look a little is almost done will take some more pics when i get her back.

one of the better conversions but it still looks funny like a big man with a huge chest and tiny little legs. but i agree that the paint makes it better than others i have seen:thumbsup:

like it a lot.. :thumbsup:, what year Gsxr 1k subframe and tail fairing used.... txs

You need to purchase a subframe conversion kit. Sportchrome carries the kit. Also you will need 07-08 complete rear plastics.

Power Tripp Performance in Alabaster, Alabama is doing the work. Im working in Birmingham Alabama and found Power Tripp Performance (POWER-TRIPP Performance) when I was on the local Alabama sportbike forum. Very knowledgeable group of guys. Did an exhaust mod, Yamaha throttle trick, Fork Seals, New Chain, Pair Valve Mod and a long awaited Dyno. Cant wait to get her back. should have it ready Tuesday! WooHoo!

Big E is correct its a 07 08 GSXR 1000 tail, and the subframe I purchased from Gregg's Customs. I think he's the manufacturer.

If you're in the area of Power Tripp Performance you need to stop in. I went to check them out and ended up hanging out for 2 hours the first time. Just yesterday I spent the good part of the day (6 Hours) in their shop very cool atmosphere, if they had food and a bar and I would not want to leave LOL! These guys dont mind you coming in and talking with them. Very knowledgeable and glad to answer any questions you have. Bring your bike in and ask anything you want, you will leaving knowing that and more.

Sounds like I'm advertising for them.LOL

I worked in the Automotive industry for 12 years as a Certified Master Tech and know good Technicians when I see them.

Question. Would you be interested in a trade? I have the chrome side plates. Before I send them off to be powder coated black. Wanted to check if you wanted to trade? Mine are new never installed.

Is it just me or does the angle of the tail look high? Kind of like a street fighter. I would also like to do it but i couldn't fit everything in that tail.

Back