My Busa vs. 07 ZO6

05BusaBlue

Registered
As the owner of 11 muscle cars (2 of which are old Corvettes) and my busa I get torn between which I love more.  I love the speed and feeling of me hanging on for dear life when I am on my bike but also just love messing with bikes when I am in my cars.  So every time I get a chance to race a super fast car.... hell I do.

I took the busa out for a little ride since the sun decided to come out for a little while.  Well I get stuck at this red light and this 2007 silver ZO6 pulls up next to me.  It turns out to be one of my buddies who owns a viper, the vette, a couple of ferraris and a new lambo among his other cars.  Well a couple of weeks earlier he took me for a ride in the corvette and wow
SHOCKED.gif
 it was fast (my dream car).  Well long story short I asked him to run them at the green.  I have never met a "stock" car that really matchs the power of the busa.  So the light turns green and just hammer the bike.  I shift out of first to second and I look back and the vette is about a bike and a half back.  I was in shock this car kept up with me as good as it did.  As believe me this car is stock.  So we stopped at his shop and talked for a few and decided we will run them again soon, just video tape it so we can post it.

Sweet! My best friend has an 05' vette with a built 408ci and a big ars blower, and he can't wait to get a piece of the busa...honestly I think he will walk me, I went for a ride in at only 5lbs of boost and it is SCARY fast! It's built to run at 15+lbs but they are having belt slip issues. I love those C6 vettes!

If a 07 Z06 was even close to you, you may want to learn how to launch. You should have put BUS lenghts on a stock Z06. It shouldn't have even been close.....
sad.gif

My brother's 2005 Mitsubishi Evo walks my 05 Busa to about 150 and then I start catching up. Off the line I have not a prayer. HE launches like the Space Shuttle at 7500 rpm and all 4 wheels scratching thru drag radials.

I admit it I can't launch the busa that well, but I usually run in the 10's at the track and I've seen the 07 ZO6 in the 11's stock.

(Tango1300 @ Sep. 24 2006,21:09) My brother's 2005 Mitsubishi Evo walks my 05 Busa to about 150 and then I start catching up. Off the line I have not a prayer. HE launches like the Space Shuttle at 7500 rpm and all 4 wheels scratching thru drag radials.
Why do you have an 06 as your sig?

If a Mitsu Evo walks you.... time for you to buy a Harley.

(Tango1300 @ Sep. 24 2006,19:09) My brother's 2005 Mitsubishi Evo walks my 05 Busa to about 150 and then I start catching up.  Off the line I have not a prayer.  HE launches like the Space Shuttle at 7500 rpm and all 4 wheels scratching thru drag radials.
What kind of Mods does the Evo have? I find that hard to believe. A Buddy of mine has a slightly modified Evo (Full Exhaust, custom intake, and custom mapping)..He runs in the 12s... Shouldn't be a match for a Hayabusa.

Not to mention top end runs... Just curious..

Hey 05busablue in your sig you list a 97 ss/rs camaro. What is that? They never made an ss/rs camaro in 1997. Is it really a rs with ss emblems or is it really an ss. 97 SS camaros are pretty rare as GM didn't build them that year they sent them out to be modified into an ss.

ive got two buds up here with z06s and they cant come close. there is one with an old school ferrari that has a miles motor 350 with a blower that wipes my butt in the 1/4, then again 1200rwhp at 1800lbs, what can ya do

(coop427 @ Sep. 24 2006,20:14) Hey 05busablue in your sig you list a 97 ss/rs camaro. What is that? They never made an ss/rs camaro in 1997. Is it really a rs with ss emblems or is it really an ss. 97 SS camaros are pretty rare as GM didn't build them that year they sent them out to be modified into an ss.
The car was originally a RS camaro that I purchased in 03 with 52k on the clock.  Next all the suspension was replaced with 97 SLP SS and I droped in a LS6 to top her off.  She has chrome RS emblems.  I gave the car to my wife.

guys in here getin walked by Evos and Vettes? sheesh! sounds like somebody needs to get back to the track and practice that 5k launch...
wow.gif

even bone stock, a busa with a good rider 160-180lbs would crush both those cars-he11, it could still stomp'em even WITH mods!
(dont want'em to know you got an advantage? swap your sprockets, get a nice 530 chain, do the PAIR valve mod and airbox mod, get your suspension tweaked good on some good rubber and you're ready to do MAJOR dmg to either of those cages)

(BigDiesel @ Sep. 24 2006,21:39) guys in here getin walked by Evos and Vettes? sheesh! sounds like somebody needs to get back to the track and practice that 5k launch...  
wow.gif

even bone stock, a busa with a good rider 160-180lbs would crush both those cars-he11, it could still stomp'em even WITH mods!
(dont want'em to know you got an advantage? swap your sprockets, get a nice 530 chain, do the PAIR valve mod and airbox mod, get your suspension tweaked good on some good rubber and you're ready to do MAJOR dmg to either of those cages)
I never said I was beat by the vette.  I said it kept up with me.  Big difference.  And if I was going to get beat,  at least let it be a Corvette that does it.

no way anyone should be getting whooped by an Evo. you say you cant catch him til 150. that means he would have beat you in the quarter and a stock evo runs over 13 sec in the quarter. if it takes your busa that long to run a quarter then somethings seriously wrong with it. i could give an evo a 3 sec head start and still run it down on a stock busa

if you read his top post....they took off and after he shifted from 1st to 2nd he saw the chevette in his mirror almost 2 bike lengths back.
so really with a novice launch....and what sounds like shutting down just after shifting into 2nd....that's realistic.
Had he continued to accelerate through 2nd...the chevette would have been a memory.

beerchug.gif

(Tango1300 @ Sep. 24 2006,21:09) My brother's 2005 Mitsubishi Evo walks my 05 Busa to about 150 and then I start catching up.  Off the line I have not a prayer.  HE launches like the Space Shuttle at 7500 rpm and all 4 wheels scratching thru drag radials.
this is who i was quoting......he says, off the line i have not a prayer.........that cant be true

Well, I raced a 750whp mustang and beat it to 130 by at least a car. I would imagine a mustang like that would walk all over a new Z06.

All I can add here is that a novice racer will get crushed by a good car anytime.

The car can launch harder and in most cases shift more accurately.

Thanks for the write up Jason, the vid would be cool.

Dont let these racers talk you down.
beerchug.gif

Back